PDA

View Full Version : Estate Sale May 15

aeronca65t
05-12-2004, 05:45 AM
I saw this on another forum.
Lot of old, interesting cars (this is in New York, USA). Some sort of estate sale. It's pretty close to my house....must resist.....

https://holtononline.com/auction/weigel.html

catfood
05-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Thats the first 'scrapyard' I've seen where they mow the lawns images/icons/grin.gif

78Z
05-12-2004, 10:34 AM
some neat stuff in there! I particularly like the Desoto Air Flow.

William
05-12-2004, 12:09 PM
I think I read about that hoard in Classic & Sportscar some time ago....

-Wm.

-Oh, I've decided that my life is incomplete without that Henry J and the '52 Packard

pmenhusen
05-12-2004, 12:58 PM
If anyone is going, please contact me at pmenhusen(at)stateexchange.net. If would love to buy the winged radiator cap/hood ornament from the 1929 Chrysler to replace the broken one on mine, but the sale is too far away from Kansas.

sammyb
05-13-2004, 02:32 AM
Every single car in the sale is essentially a lost cause. It would take five or six times the value of any of those cars just to do a non-show quality restoration. It's definitely an ecclectic collection -- kind of a hodge-podge of cars that were basically considered somewhat "oddfellows' cars" in their day. None of those cars would be considered "desirable" by a modern marketplace -- with the possible exception of the Skyliner Convertible, but even that has a very small market of people in awe of the retractable hardtop. (But the styling was never considered attractive.)

Not to say they aren't great cars, just not worth saving from an economic standpoint.