PDA

View Full Version : My first British car show.

Winston
06-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I know this isn't a technical issue and may be more approiate in another part of the Forum, but I wanted all you Triumph folks to know that the show was very well attended by Triumph owners.
The show was in Des Moines Iowa, my Hometown of maybe 500,000.The show turned out over 120 cars, (a few snuck in late through the back).
The club I joined some months ago ,organized this the fourth annual event very well. I was able to help at the show as a lot man, working with another club member parking about 15 MG's a Herald , and assorted other Europeon cars.
The weather held, we had a very nice Iowa late spring day, it could have gone either way!
The response from the folks around town was great. Several hundred wandered through the three lots and admired some really neat British autos, pre war to post war.
I wanted to make sure all you folks on the Triumph thread for the most part consider joining your local organization if you find one. I've been enjoying our TR4a for 5 years and have never had a better time than yesterday's event.

Brosky
06-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Winston,

I think that most of us "old timers" are somewhat active in our local clubs, but that is a good plug for any of the newer members who may not yet know the value of belonging to a local organization and the benefits that it brings.

Cyberpyr8
06-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Any pictures of the event? I would like to see some.

Winston
06-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I do have about 70 pics of the show taken by another member. I'm not sure how to get them to the post.I'll try.