PDA

View Full Version : Anti-roll bar....

Baz
05-30-2007, 06:45 AM
I can't find the stock diameter for the front anti-sway bar...can anyone tell me please? (74 Midget)
It seems I'm allowed to change my anti-roll/sway bar and bushings and still stay in H stock class.
Would this be a worthwhile change?

Also, I'm using this worksheet (https://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/carmodandclassification.pdf) for guidance, as this is what the local SCCA club goes by, I noticed there wasn't any mention of changing transmissions on the worksheet either, I'd like to run the Datsun I have with a ? 4.55 rear. Any suggestions on whether that would be 'fair' or not, as it's not listed as a class changer, would be appreciated.
Thanks.

ChrisS
05-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Barry,

I assume this is for Solo II. The transmission doesn't count because 5th gear doesn't give you any advantage. The stock anti-roll bar is 9/16". Yes, an uprated bar and poly bushings will help. To keep it streetable limit yourself to 3/4". You won't be playing with end link adjustments too much so you can go with an inexpensive Addco 131.

Baz
05-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks Chris, yes, Solo II.
I see Summit has those aco-131, I'll see if I can get it on before next meeting.