PDA

View Full Version : Euro Flash! in Road & Track

Bret
04-14-2004, 11:36 PM
For those of you that subscribe to Road & Track make sure you take some time to check out this months issue on some of the new things coming from European manufactures. The article is called Euro Flash on page #56.

Too many cars to go over completely, so Iíll just talk about the standouts from the UK.

The Jaguar S-Type Estate. Iíve never been much of a station wagon guy, but I actually like this one for some strange reason. Nice carry over styling queues form some of their concepts really work for me. Maybe thereís room after all for a wagon in my familyís future. Naw, Iíd have to get rid of the wifeís SUV. Sheíd never go for that.

The Aston Martin Vanquish Roadster. No surprises here, as Iíve always been a fan of this Marque since I first saw Sean Connery ripping up the silver screen in his DB-5. But short of winning the California lottery, realistically Iíll probably never be able to afford one. Anyway I always liked the Vanquish but it always seemed to be missing something Ė whoíd a thought the loss of a static top in favor of a drop top would have cured those reservations. Go figure.

And lastly the return of the Lotus Esprit. Didnít say for sure itíd make it to North America. That aside itís not at all what I expected and actually billed as a Lambo/Ferrari fighter. But looking at the pricing it will be a clearly a direct competitor for the marketplace shared with the new Ford GT40. Despite the fact that the new Esprit kindía looks like a Nissan 300 from the front I really like it and welcome back the model name.

JBsZ06
04-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up..! Great article and worth a read.

I liked the new Jaguar S series design changes. How bout U?

aeronca65t
04-15-2004, 08:46 AM
....and as usual, Peter Egan's column was excellent.

Bret
04-15-2004, 09:05 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aeronca65t:
....and as usual, Peter Egan's column was excellent.<hr></blockquote>

graemlins/iagree.gif
I laughed through the entire reading. I too find that my garage is starting to take on a whole new look. Between the junkyard finds, ebay auction wins and parts collected from friends I need to start seriously looking for more storage. Not that Iíd ever consider getting rid of anything.
images/icons/wink.gif

[ 04-15-2004: Message edited by: Bret ]</p>