PDA

View Full Version : Saddest Car Scenes

Bruce Bowker
03-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Sort of an opposite of the top 10 cars, what is your saddest car scene on TV or movies? Mine would be in the original Italian Job, if I remember it correctly, when an Aston Martin DB5 or maybe DB6 and an E-Type where shoved ovber the mountainside.

sunbeammadd
03-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Same movie, when the Lamborghini Miura hits the earthmover. graemlins/cryin.gif

mongoose
03-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Same movie, but the end, when the minis get pushed out of the bus. images/icons/frown.gif

sammyb
03-29-2004, 06:33 AM
-Vanishing Point, when the Kowalski drives the Challenger into the bulldozers
-The Road Warrior, when the Ford V8 Interceptor rigged gas tank blows up
-Most of the original Gone in 60 Seconds: a red 'Cuda, the '73 Mach One and about 50 other (now old) cars get wrecked.
-Grand Prix, when the Ferrari F1 driver dies at the end.
-Le Mans, anytime any of the race cars crash

By the way, in the Italian Job, the Muira was a total wreck that the company had rebuilt for the movie, and in Vanishing Point, the car launched into the bulldozers is actually a Camaro. If you look at the wheels on the burning shell, you can see they are GM rallies.

UltimateQuestion
03-29-2004, 07:55 AM
How about in "The War of the Roses" when The Morgan +4 gets mushed by the monster truck?

Mickey Richaud
03-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Sad, but funny -

Ferris Bueller and the Ferrari!

tony barnhill
03-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Vanishing Point & Ferris Bueller (even though it was a kit car, it was a nicve kit car!)

Bruce Bowker
03-29-2004, 11:33 AM
I forgot War of the Roses with the Morgan. Yes that might just be more sad than the Italian Job. Close anyhow.

Bruce

William
03-29-2004, 07:54 PM
There's always been some skepticism about the true identity of the greyish car shoved over the cliff in the Italian Job. If you watch the scene in slo mo, the Aston grille doesn't look quite right. And doesn't the hood (bonnet, sorry) open from the other side on an Aston DB4 ragtop? The bulldozer doesn't seem to do a whole lot of body damage to either the Aston or Jag ragtops, either. And the final nail....there are apparently examples of each car running around England with the same registration numbers....

-F.M. Luder (I believe!!!)

William
03-29-2004, 07:55 PM
As for my personal sad scene, the one that affected me the most when I was a lad was-the scene in one of the Herbie movies when Herbie's recovered after running amok in Chinatown, dirty, derilict, and down at heel. Go figure.
-Wm.

Basil
03-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Mine would have to be 52 Pickup with Roy Scheider and Ann Margret. In that movie, Scheider's character is a rich busines man who drives a 67 EType exactly like mine - it gets blown to pieces at the end of the movie.

https://www.britishcarforum.com/PHPhotoalbum/albums/userpics/basil3.jpg

Winston
03-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Dale Earnhardt in turn 3 at Daytona.

Winston

Texas_Cicada
03-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Seeing the by-then-modified E-type fly off the cliff in Harold and Maude.

I also cringe as Flounder's brother's Lincoln is trashed in animal house.

StevenA
03-30-2004, 12:05 AM
How about a TV episode? Tim the Tool man Taylor when he dropped a 30 foot steel beam from a building crane right on top of a Cherried out 55 Chevy Nomad Station Wagon.

waltesefalcon
03-30-2004, 01:36 AM
Bullit when the charger gets blown up.

Cheers, graemlins/thirsty.gif graemlins/driving.gif
Walter

gjh2007
03-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Jim Carey Pet Detective (dumb movie) Where he destroys 5 or 6 Land Rovers. The movie set bought a bunch of rolling wrecks from East Coast Rovers in Maine & they pushed & or pulled them off ramps, etc for the scenes in the movies. Still in all it was sad to see these venerable vehicles that could be rebuilt with a spanner & a screwdriver in the outback.

I had a 1973 Series truck at the time & it did aggrevate a bunch of us in the Rover community.

If anyone is intererested here's a link to a photo of my old Landie.

https://home.comcast.net/~ghamilton99/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-1463097.html

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: gjh ]</p>

sunbeammadd
03-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Some Rootes ones:

Maxwell Smart destroying his Tiger on a few different occasions - including the episode where he takes it through the car wash with the top down.

The original Get Carter where the Alpine is bumped off the pier with the girl still locked in the boot.

Michael Crawford as Frank Spencer in the episode where he launches a driving school Imp off the end of a jetty.

aeronca65t
03-31-2004, 04:58 AM
There's an old Laurel and Hardy movie caled "Busy Bodies". The fellows drive a Ford Model T thru a sawmill and cut it in half (the blade cuts right between them and the car collapses in half). Probably my favorite car-oriented site-gag, but a shame to waste a nice Model T.

William
04-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Anybody remember America's Funniest People (a lame spinoff of Americas Funniest Home Videos, with one of the other Full House people hosting)? In one sketch they did, a pristine RB MGB gets-filled with water, sprayed with dirt, filled with water again, and run over by a bulldozer. I wrote a letter to the producers about that, and to this day will not watch anything with Dave Coulier on it.
-Wm.

Graham
04-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Quite right too, if they did that images/icons/mad.gif

How about Mr Beans Mini getting run over by an army tank ? graemlins/cheers.gif

TR7/8 TPI
04-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Saddest moment had to be when the Vector in Rising Sun(Sean Connery & Wesley Snipes) hit the rock wall and exploded.

rovernut
04-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Austin Powers 2 Spy who shagged me when the Rover 3500 goes off the edge ......Or The Seven Ups when Roy Scheider drives my old 73Ventura into the back of a flatbed.......

VitSport6
04-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Hi Basil.
Nice pic!, Salt Palace? Judging by the haircut on the guy in the corner of the pic, I was probly there! I havent been to an AutoRama for ages, My dad use to have a few old Vette's there every year.
I would have to agree with the comment about Gone in 60 sec.
Have fun graemlins/cheers.gif graemlins/thirsty.gif

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited by: VitSport6 ]</p>

Dana McPeek
04-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Mine has the be when the Etype Herse flies off the cliff in Harold and Maude. Still brings a tear to my eye...

'73 JH

littledeucecoupe427
05-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Funny this should come up I was just thinking about this the other day and here is the list I have come up with...

Deuces Wild
-1956 Packard beaten with baseball bats and then set on fire
-1957 Olds has a wheelbarrow full of bricks dropped on it from 6 stories up
-another 1957 Olds driven through a wall

The New Gone In 60 Seconds
-16 1976 Mustang GT 350's totalled
-1970's Camero crushed in car crusher

Roller Ball
-Shelby Series 1 set on fire

Fastlane (tv show)
-1969 Charger hit with a rocket launcher
-1968 Super Bee hit with another rocket launcher

XXX
-2002 Corvette driven off cliff
-5 1967 GTO's destroyed in the making of various chase scenes

The Hulk (tv show)
-1962 Chevrotle Impala SS cruched in car crusher

Music videos I have seen recently
-1969 Super Bee blown up for no other reason than to make a loud noise
-Ferrari F-355 driven into a gully and explodes
-2003 Corvette driven off cliff (they must have seen XXX)

Monster Garage (tv show)
-1976 Caddy hearse crushed in car crusher
-3 Deloreans run over with a monster truck

Commercial for recycling
-lady standing beside a mountian of paper clips and says "these paper clips used to be a 1956 Chevrolet Bel-Air convertible"

Old Joide Foster film
-a Rolls Royce gets hit by a train

A Franky and Anette movie I can't remember which
-1959 Thunderbird pushed off cliff

Levis Jeans Commercial
-restored 1970 Monte Carlo pushed off pier

Herbie Movie (one of them)
-Herbie gets dumped off cruise ship images/icons/frown.gif

Well thats all I can remember off the top of my head but I can think of a lot more with some time