PDA

View Full Version : Rotors

BobSands
05-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Just got my copy of Classic Motorsports, and they mentioned a new source of Distributor Rotors https://www.kipmotor.com/. Don't know the guy, not my brother-in-law,...
In light of the issues folks have been having looks like it might be worth looking into.
Take care Bob

Andrew Mace
05-24-2007, 12:57 PM
I wonder if these are the same ones also currently touted in various places (such as the TR Register UK magazine), made by or for the "Distributor Doctor" in the UK? Goodness knows there have been some really baaaaad rotors in recent years....

I now pat myself on the back for having kept most of my "old" used rotors as potential spares! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

YankeeTR
05-24-2007, 01:18 PM
For $19.75 it's a worthwhile investment.

I'm going to save the old 'real' Lucas rotors that I have now...and carry a spare.

05-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Kip Motor Co. are good people. They have been around for a long time and tend to sell quality products. If you ever had a Metropolitan, they are the go to guys for parts. I am pretty sure they have some LBC parts that we can use.

I always wanted to have a turquoise and white Metropolitan convertible. Wasn't the Metropolitan British-built?

Geo Hahn
05-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Wasn't the spate of bad rotors primarily the 6 cylinder ones? I've never had a rotor failure in a TRactor motor.

Yes, Bill - the Nash Metropolitan and Hudson Metropolitan were British cars. We have both in our local club (1 Yellow/White & one Rust) and others around town -- including a very nice Turquoise & White.

TR3driver
05-24-2007, 06:26 PM
I've seen several bad TRactor motor rotors. Maybe there aren't as many bad 4-pot as 6-pot, but there were definitely some.

Andrew Mace
05-24-2007, 10:11 PM
...and I saw the exact same problem everyone else was having two summers ago...on an MGA belonging to a friend. The rotor I took off and replaced (with a known good, old, used Lucas rotor) ended up in the woods.... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif