PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Car Articles In The News...

racing girl
03-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Looking at the headlines on Skynews today and two "photo articles" caught my attention. The first one is photos from the Geneva Motor Show, and the second is about a new Volvo... designed by women, for women! It has some interesting features and some positively embarrassing ones!!!, to me at least, like the sensor that automatically judges how large a parking space is and steers the car in for you!

The link is to their main page, the articles appear below the main news headlines as photo links... Skynews (https://www.sky.com/skynews/home).

RG graemlins/england.gif

huck6
03-03-2004, 12:17 PM
A car for women may have a hard time in the States since it may not be particularly PC. If they hanldle the issue like ski manufactures (enhancing the natural differences between male and female skiers) than it might work. But, if they simple enhance stereotypes, forget it. My wife would use a parking sensor if it was available, but if it was pitched as a "woman's option", no way would she buy it and it would send her off the lot in no time.

Sherlock
03-03-2004, 02:20 PM
It's not an entirely new concept, a car designed for women... Back in the 1950's Dodge briefly marketed a car for women, I think it was called the La Femme, it didn't have any high tech features but I think it was sold pink with other feminine touches around the car.