PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Project Discovery

martx-5
05-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Anyone one out there looking for a TR3 project?? I discovered one about a half a mile from my house.

Just a little Armor-All and a buff job and she'll look like new. Amazingly, there's no rust on the bottom of the front fender. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer.gif

pa297pass
05-12-2007, 10:54 AM
What would prompt someone to go through the trouble of picking that car up to put it on top of a cement pipe?

Oh well, it would be nice to see someone save that ...

Thanks for the pic Art.

Matt

YankeeTR
05-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I'd bite but my wife hasn't finished her last project....

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/krooser/IMG_1944.jpg

Andrew Mace
05-12-2007, 08:42 PM
What would prompt someone to go through the trouble of picking that car up to put it on top of a cement pipe?I dunno, but some time back, a friend and I met their cousins; see GT6 on shed ROOF in CT junkyard! (https://www.cwnicholls.com/Triumphs/GT6white.html) /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Banjo
05-12-2007, 08:50 PM
I want the fenders!!!!!! If I had a truck and trailer I'd be on the way to get it right now!!!!
I could use some other odd bits, then sell the leftover parts to cover what it cost to drag it back here.
Seriously, any way I could get the fenders off of that??

AweMan
05-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Lotsa parts there Id like to get my hands on too!
Where is this car {what state} and what would it take to get possesion?

Harry_Ward
05-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Lets see,

I would take the Bridgeport, CT to Port Jefferson, Long Island, NY Ferry and once off the ferry head some what west to Kings Park, Long Island, NY.

Aweman, coming from Utah the longest part of your trip would be the twenty miles or so on RTE 495 in Long Island.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

martx-5
05-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Kings Park is about 15 miles west of the Port Jeff ferry, but as long as I've been living here and going up to New England, I've never used it. It's just too darn EXPENSIVE. One way fare is over $40...add more if you have passengers.

Besides, unless you time it just right, the trip takes longer then going around the horn. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wall.gif

AweMan
05-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I guess not to mention trying to get on a ferry towing a trailer. Would they even let you aboard? Time is on MY side now! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif
Ret. now and don`t HAVE to be anywhere I don`t wanna be.
I dun know about you Easterners with your toll roads and ferry`s
I suppose one day, we will have to put up with tolls out here too!
Still really hard for a Professional packrat LBC lover like me to see a good parts source and not be able to do something about it.

kindofblue
05-13-2007, 06:51 PM
This was a half mile from your house for how long, and you just got a pic of it?

Here is my contribution to rotting English Iron...Was the trailer or TR4 parked first?