PDA

View Full Version : Post-War Other triumph herald info

Hcloud13
05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone! im new and this is my first post^-^

I have 2 questions I hope someone can help me with.
I bought a 1962 Triumph Herald convertiable "found in a barn no less lol"
It is exleent cosmetic condition inside and out.
I just need to get it up and running agen,wich brings me to my first question.
1) Are parts hard to get for the car? And if I can get the parts where is a good place to start?

2)How munch are herald's running for a average? I couldent find any for sale on ebay. I payd 1200$ for it.too munch?

Thanx for any help I can get.Ill post some pic's soon.

NickMorgan
05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the Forum and to Herald ownership. I can't recommend anyone for parts in the USA, although I am sure there are plenty of people who will help you. If you are stuck there are a lot of suppliers in the UK who can get you almost any part you need for a Herald. There are a lot more of them over here than there.
$1,200 sounds like a good price for a convertible, especially one with good bodywork. It is far easier to sort out mechanical problems than rust or damage to the body.
Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing some pictures.
Nick

Andrew Mace
05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone! im new and this is my first post^-^

I have 2 questions I hope someone can help me with.
I bought a 1962 Triumph Herald convertiable "found in a barn no less lol"
Hi, I'm Andy, and I'm also a Heraldoholic. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]
It is exleent cosmetic condition inside and out.
I just need to get it up and running agen,wich brings me to my first question.
1) Are parts hard to get for the car? And if I can get the parts where is a good place to start?[/QUOTE]"Hard to get" depends on what parts you need. Most of the electrical, hydraulic and mechanical bits are the same as or very similar to other Triumphs, particularly the Spitfire. Right there that makes it much easier to get such bits from any number of suppliers in the US; in no particular order: TRF, Moss, TSI, Spitbits, VB. (Yeah, lots of initialisms, which any of us will happily define for you as needed.)Trim and sheetmetal are a bit tougher to source and are likely best found from various vendors in the UK or at flea markets or eBay!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]2)How munch are herald's running for a average? I couldent find any for sale on ebay. I payd 1200$ for it.too munch?[/QUOTE]
Probably not, nowadays. Basically, if it's straight, not rusty and running (or easily made to run), you've done well (to possibly very well) @ $1200! There actually have been several on eBay within the past month or so, ranging from maybe $3000-$10000 (asking prices or reserves, not necessarily final sales prices). From what I've seen in recent years, a car that looks decent, runs well and can be licensed and pass a state inspection probably should bring at least $2500-3000.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Thanx for any help I can get.Ill post some pic's soon. [/QUOTE]Looking forward to seeing them. Also, please check out my Database page. I've been tracking Heralds in North America for some time now and am always eager to list new finds!