PDA

View Full Version : Ebay for Roofman

BOXoROCKS
05-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Well roofman I am running an ebay auction you might like,same lousy photos,but some good info. Of course it may well be my Ebay swan song,but cie la vie!!!...I do feel better.

PS no cheating, ya gotta read it all. ebay#200106375245

mrv8q
05-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Wait, you're not selling it for a friend.......

BOXoROCKS
05-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Actually, its not the info in the description I am refering to,but my diplomatic demeaner in the Q&A section. Never answer a question at the end of a day.

Mickey Richaud
05-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I read that, Box. It's too easy to fire off a response on the internet without giving yourself a few minutes to cool off.

Still, his comment was totally inappropriate.

Mickey

roofman
05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
I may not have worded the 2nd response quite the same, but overall the ad is good. The key is to show as many pictures of the good and bad areas as possible, as well as the overall condition of the car. You have done that well. You will probably get a few requests for frame photos, which you should get if asked. I know there are various theories on pricing to start your auction, some of which we discused in the other thread, but I personally like to get as many lookers and initial bidders watching the item as possible. I feel many/most are put off by a higher starting bid. I would have started at $1980 ( for the year ) and put your reserve at whatever your bottom line is. I realize that putting a higher price to start can "weed out the hotdogs" but I have tried both. I had a near perfect 22,000 mile 1977 TR7 I sold 2 years ago or so. I started at $5,000 and got no bids. I wanted $5500.00. On relist I started at $1977
and eventually sold for $6000. The first auction had 3 watchers only in a week, and no bids. The 2nd listing had 50 or more watchers and 16-18 bids, and I got my price. I try to think like both an informed and uninformed buyer when writing an ad, and answer both there questions in print in the ad. I am not saying I am always right, but this is what has worked for me, and I would do again. Did the TR6 sell?

DNK
05-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Does the seller know if someone puts a watch on a item?

roofman
05-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes, when you list an item for sale it is tracked in My Ebay. When you check your item in My Ebay it will show how many people are watching your item.
If you ever browse through ebay and see an item of interest you can flag it where it says "watch this item". Again it will save this item in My Ebay for you to check later. The selling info. for watchers is on the same page.

DNK
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
I do use the watch this item. I think it sucks that the seller can see this. It is none of their business if I watch an item.

roofman
05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
They do not know it is you, only that x amount of people are watching.

DNK
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Ok maybe not Big Brother

Just Lil Brother

roofman
05-08-2007, 01:48 PM
It is actually good info. because after a couple days if you have no watchers you can change your ad, price, listing category etc. to try to get the most action. I am sure ebay does not want sellers to contact watchers so they only give some generic information.

rooster
05-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Hey I resemble that remark! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

I hope that's not a blanket statement about us Canadians who happen to live in BC.

P.S Wasn't me who posted that question.

BOXoROCKS
05-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Nope,sure wasn't,I have a friend who lives in Vancouver. Just another annonyomus jerk,who kicks his dog.His email was from BC. Sad part is,if you live in BC, its so beautiful,you should be happy every day.