PDA

View Full Version : Old Toyota on E-Bay

Sherlock
01-04-2004, 01:59 AM
I think I found the car that I crave, a 1969 Toyota Crown station wagon images/icons/tongue.gif (don't laugh!)

Well... other than the Cortina I'm planning on buying, I love old import station wagons (it's a strange affliction), it's good to see a car like this surviving, I just wish I had a little more money to spend... graemlins/crazyeyes.gif There are so many neat old cars out there to save, I just wish I had more money to spend on them. images/icons/frown.gif

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2452142346&category=6059

aeronca65t
01-04-2004, 08:46 AM
We had one of those. When it got sort of ratty, I gave it to my Dad to drive to work (he worked in a strip mine at the time). When it got too ratty for him (REAL BAD, in other words), he gave it to my younger brothers as a "woods car". They used to go over "yumps" in the woods (like the WRC cars) and eventually it got so bent in the middle that the doors had to be tied close. Rugged car, though.

My favorite Toyotas are the AE86 models (i.e. the rwd Corrolla and the Trueno). They have a nice 16 valve, twin-cam engine, 4 wheel disk brakes and a simple and reliable solid rear axle. Two of the guys in my club race them and I hear that the Drifting crowd likes them too. Here's one:
https://www.ae92.00page.com/images/gary005.jpg

Speaking of wagons (or "shooting brakes", if you like), I see that MG has been campaigning a 225 MPH land-speed record car based on an MG-Z wagon (but it has a Ford V-8 engine images/icons/confused.gif )

Basil
01-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Speaking of Toyotas, my son just bought a 93 Corolla (as a beater so he doesn't put a lot of commuting miles on his Z06). The only thing that was wrong with it was the speedometer didn't work. We figured it was probably the speed sensor that fits into the tranny. The only place he coould buy the part (very small part) was at the dealer. Talk about sticker shock! This little, tiny, sensor (did not include the shaft with the gear - just the sensor) was $204!! So, he bought one and we installed it while he was visiting for the holidays. It didn't fix the problem! Must be a bad speedometer (its electronic). Luckily he got his $$ back from the dealer and we found a used speedo in a salvage yard for $75. That fixed the problem!

Basil

William
01-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Darn, now I kinda want an AE86....one more to add to my notsoshortlist.
-Wm.

Super 7
01-08-2004, 01:46 PM
I have seen some nice 16V AE86 Corollas sell recently for pretty big money, like close to $8000.00 recently. I have been kind of wanting one for years, but I don't want one THAT much. The 8 V is tons cheaper.

As I recall they have upper and lower trailing arms and a panhard rod?

That should work well.

tony barnhill
01-08-2004, 02:11 PM
One of my favorite old station wagons was my Lancia HPE