PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3A - C H O K E W O R K S !!!

NutmegCT
05-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen -

I am pleased, nay ecstatic, to announce that my choke now works properly.

After gazillions of posts and requests for help, and after replacing every gasket, seal, spring, copper ring, etc. in the jet assemblies, and receiving a faulty replacement choke cable, I received my *third* choke cable assembly today. This one from The Roadster Factory. It installed without a problem. Thank you Roadster Factory!

I girded my loins, held my breath, and lightly pressed the accelerator pedal. I then pulled out on the spiffy new choke knob - using only one hand.

It worked! It works! It shall forever work!

Fast idle cam actuates, then jets drop equally. Yeehaa!

I am bound and determined to get this car registered with DMV this week. I want to DRIVE!

Many many thanks to you all -

Tom
(now to get those H6's adjusted ...)

jdubois
05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Congrats! Wanna come fix mine? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I'm just about to embark on this little adventure myself. The choke on my TR3A hasn't worked right in a few years and I've decided this year is the year I'm going to fix it.

roofman
05-07-2007, 04:47 PM
"I girded my loins"

That has worked for me in the past as well.

martx-5
05-07-2007, 05:04 PM
The other two cables that you got, where did they come from?? I'm looking to replace my cable, but don't want to get one that won't work properly. I've got one on my wish list from Moss, but will get the TRF one if it is better.

Harry_Ward
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Way to go Tom. Persistence does pay off!

CaptRoy
05-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Boy that sounds great to have a choke... Congrats

AltaKnight
05-07-2007, 10:04 PM
"I girded my loins"

"That has worked for me in the past as well. "

Always leaves me a little sore actually!

NickMorgan
05-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Well done Tom, and just think, my choke also now works thanks to your car! Isn't it a great feeling when the car just fires up on the first press of the starter button?