PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Engines

SilentUnicorn
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
anyone here have any info on these guys?
https://www.qualitytriumph.com/index.shtml
i am thinking of getting an engine from them......maybe

thanks mark

Russ Austin
04-29-2007, 09:04 PM
I have never heard of them, sounds intresting. Wish I knew more, keep us updated on pricing and what they have!

Brosky
04-29-2007, 09:05 PM
I am very leary of any website that has the only contact method as email. In this day and age, a site less a business address and phone number, let alone pictures of their products is a bit "lean" to me.

They should show the engines they've built, their shop and a better history of the company.

JMHO.

SilentUnicorn
04-29-2007, 09:13 PM
It does say in the Houston Area of texas....good points tho.

the voice over on the site mentions an 800 number but i cant seem to find it,,

mark

Russ Austin
04-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I looked a little deeper and if you run you mouse over the map on the shipping page. You'll see Benz and if you replace triumph with benz you see
https://www.qualitybenz.com the benx site looked just like the Triumph site except it showed engines, transmissions, airbags. I tried BMW, it went to a Ft. Walton Beach dealer.

GregW
04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi Mark,
It is interesting that they have a 90 warranty for their transmissions, but donít mention how long the engines are covered. Hmmmm.

BritBox
04-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Looks flaky to me. They might be honest and talented rebuilders with poor marketing skills, but I would not risk my own $$$ trying to find out.

SilentUnicorn
04-30-2007, 06:26 AM
I have also noted that the "track your shipment button" appears to load a bad page. Well i sent them an email.....we will see what comes back. If they are reputable somebody here is going to have heard of them, or had an experience with them.

mark

YankeeTR
04-30-2007, 09:17 AM
This is an outfit that simply RESELLS parts...nothing wrong with that but I doubt that they stock anything and my hunch is dealing with them would be nothing but a hassle...IMHO.

I've just got a hunch...

CaptRoy
04-30-2007, 09:22 AM
I would recommend you get ahold of Ted at TSI imports... He did a great job on my motor and it was about 100.00 each way to ship it from Texas. He took care of all the scheduling for pick up and delivery..

Brosky
04-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Go with Ted or The Roadster Factory. Or anyone more reputable than a reseller. Shop this around to get exactly what you want from a qualified source.

It's a big investment and you don't want to do it twice.

SilentUnicorn
04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
well i sent them an email and it has been over 24 hours and no reply....

mark

Brosky
04-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Just think how unhappy you would be if you had a problem with one of their engines and got that lack of response. If they can't contact you to sell, you'll never get any help with a problem.