PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Books

Webb Sledge
05-09-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm looking for some good Triumph books with a complete history of the sports car maker, as well as good photography. Ideally it'd be a thick coffee table book with lots of history in it. Does anyone know of such a book? list all of them you have or know of even if it's not a coffee table book.

piman
05-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Hello Webb,

may I suggest, 'Triumph Cars' subtitled The Complete Story by Graham Robson and Richard Langworth. Published by Motor Racing Publications Ltd., ISBN 0 947981 28 4.
Probably because it was mainly the sports cars that were exported to America that you think of them as a Sports Car Manufacturers, but these are a smaller part of Standard Triumphs product range.
The book covers production from the early 1920's onward, and is written by a highly respected Triumph (and other marques) writer.

Alec graemlins/thirsty.gif

[ 05-10-2004: Message edited by: piman ]</p>

Geo Hahn
05-10-2004, 10:56 AM
As noted, Graham's books are quite good. Piggot's books tend to be the best source for originality info and build stats. Roger William's books are the ones that cover restoration.

I have a shelf full of TR tomes, but I my favorites are Mike Cook's "Triumphs in America" and Jon McCartney's "In the Shadow of My Father".

These authors (both of whom worked for Standard) really capture that blend of the car and the people who built and sold them that brings to life (for me anyway) the era and the spririt that makes these cars special.