PDA

View Full Version : Ratco Cable Linkage install on Tri-Carbs

Brosky
04-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Here's some pics of the install. I still have a few bugs to work out with the original throttle shaft position (actually the pedal shaft) and the vertical lever.

This is a really nice set up and Tony is very helpful for tech support if needed. Ratco is a supporting vendor of the BCF, so it helps us all to help him out if we're looking for this product.

I'll be posting a step by of the full installation on my web site when I get some ambition next week. A few little tricks that I learned along the way that may help others.

https://www.74tr6.com/images/ratco 075 (Custom).jpg

https://www.74tr6.com/images/ratco 073 (Custom).jpg

https://www.74tr6.com/images/ratco 076 (Custom).jpg

https://www.74tr6.com/images/ratco 078 (Custom).jpg

PeterK
04-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Just keeps getting better and better . . .

Brosky
04-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks Pete. On a positive note, I did find a very slight bind in my rear carb, so I loosened all of the bolts and wiggled it a bit and the linkage between the three carbs all works very smoothly now. The sticking on return is gone, but that may have been the old style mechanical linkage contributing as well.

Tomorrow I have to take the lever and pedal shaft apart and realign them. Somehow I screwed that up today when I took it apart for cleaning. No biggy, just tedious having to remove what I did today again.

Tinster
04-28-2007, 08:30 PM
A thing of beauty to behold, Paul.
You are fortunate to have such a fine
automobile.

always,

d

kodanja
04-29-2007, 08:32 AM
So clean you could eat of it!

Really looks great Paul! I cant wait to see it in person,

Prolly at British by the sea in waterford.

04-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Paul, what do you have your intake vacuum hooked up to? That is a mighty powerful vacuum to hook up to a cannister. And, are you pulling straight off of your valve cover into your carbs? I see hoses going every which way and am curious.

04-29-2007, 10:21 AM
I guess you could say, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>I Am Curious,<span style='font-size: 8pt'>about</span>Yellow</span>.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Man, that was weak...</span>

bunzil
04-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Nice. Who cares if it works or not....it's worth it just to look at it.

Brosky
04-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Bill,

Vacuum is just like factory twins, except one more carb. Pulls from valve cover and ends up in canister, just as original.

What's your suggestion? I'm open to suggestions if there is something better to do.

04-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey Paul. I dumped the cannister, vented my fuel tank to the atmosphere, and pull the valve cover through the oil separator. Less is more.

swift6
04-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey Paul. I dumped the cannister, vented my fuel tank to the atmosphere, and pull the valve cover through the oil separator. Less is more.

I did that once too Bill, then my garage reeked of gasoline. So I re-installed the charcoal canister and took care of the fumes. No more stinky garage. I know you had the same problem and installed a vent fan in your garage to exhaust the fumes. I can live with the charcoal canister.

Sometimes less isn't more, it just smells that way. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

Brosky
04-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Good answer, Shawn. I'll keep my canister for now.

Bill, what oil separator are you using? The Goodparts unit?

04-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Yep, Goodparts. Seems to work well.

Soup
04-29-2007, 07:08 PM
your car makes mine look like a tractor that just came in from plowing the fields.

Brosky
04-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Soup,

Mine is only in the condition it's in because we have owned it since new. It has it's flaws like any other car and I don't want it to be perfect or I'll never drive it. I do like it to go fast though!!

I enjoy tinkering with it and have the time and energy to do a lot of anal detail work that many others also do, once the major mechanicals are out of the way.

I'm sure yours is a great looking car because they all are. Some just have more attention paid to them than others for various reasons.

As I've said before, no car here, or anywhere. is any better than any other. To each of us our individual cars are just right, or on it's way to being so. Just right is defined on a personal basis by each owner and that's all that matters.

I look forward to meeting you and your TR6, possibly at the Brits by The Sea in June. If I don't have to travel that weekend, I plan to be there, along with Kodanja, Tom and a few other LBC owners from this forum.

By the way, these were ALL born from tractors you know. Where do you think that the "TR" came from?

swift6
04-29-2007, 11:42 PM
By the way, these were ALL born from tractors you know. Where do you think that the "TR" came from?

Please don't go there. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wall.gif There is much more myth to that aspect than most really understand.

Brosky
04-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Just kidding Shawn. I watched and read many, many posts on the subject and try to keep a light hearted view of it.