PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Door Cables

Mickey Richaud
05-05-2004, 10:30 AM
My '57 TR3 has been without the inside door cables, and I'm at a loss as to where to find some. These attach to the mechanism and run up to the top of the door, and operate the latch. They are vinyl covered, to match the upholstery.

I have some makeshift chain links that came with the car, but never installed them because they look really bad. Any resources out there?

BRIAN TOWNE
05-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi Mickey Send me an e-mail. A bit to long of a solution for here. mrtr2@hotmail.com

Mickey Richaud
05-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Will do - THANKS!

BRIAN TOWNE
05-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Mickey It's a good thing TR's are not as complicated as the net. Hope you got my long answer to your problem. Dave is right about the bike cable, I think that it is almost identical to the 3A door pull inside the door pocket. I believe the TR2/3's had a thicker pull, about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. If you look at the back inside page of the Moss TR2-4 cat. there is a good picture of a blue TR3 and the door pulls and those nasty little door finishers. Brian

Mickey Richaud
05-05-2004, 04:07 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BRIAN TOWNE:
Mickey It's a good thing TR's are not as complicated as the net. Hope you got my long answer to your problem. Dave is right about the bike cable, I think that it is almost identical to the 3A door pull inside the door pocket. I believe the TR2/3's had a thicker pull, about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. If you look at the back inside page of the Moss TR2-4 cat. there is a good picture of a blue TR3 and the door pulls and those nasty little door finishers. Brian<hr></blockquote>

Yep - got it. Thanks again.

The bike cables with enough of my vinyl around them may be thick enough to pass.

But then, there are those finishers...

MGTF1250Dave
05-06-2004, 03:27 AM
Aloha Mickey,

I've used the vinyl covered bike cables for inside door latch operaters. They are inexpensive, are available inb a variety of colors, can be cut to size needed and work well for me.

Safety Fast,
Dave

Mickey Richaud
05-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Gee - never thought of that! Now if they only come in red...

I do have some left over material to cover them, so they just might do.

Thanks!