PDA

View Full Version : I hate this car

04-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Trying to fix a crank trigger to the damper. It's a wheel attached to a fan eliminator.

It's a bugger to get in there, but after taking seemingly half the engine apart, I get the old fan eliminator off.

I try to get the new one on, and it won't lock up. Turns out the two 'dimples' on the HB are MIA, so it is back to square one.

I'm not a happy camper right now. Anyone want to buy a TR6...

Mickey Richaud
04-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Stay with it, Alan - it could be worse: You could've had a V8 like me! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Brosky
04-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Step away from the car, sir. That's it. Slowly, now and put down the hammer, sir.............there is no need for violence at this time. Let's not do anything rash that you'll regret later.

Tinster
04-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Alan, ya gotta look on the bright side about this.
It could be a whole lot worse for you.

You could be the owner of the Crypt Car.

So, think about THAT, take a deep breath and give
thanks for what you have.

d

04-22-2007, 06:25 PM
So fresh from this afternoon's monumental temper tantrum, I take a break to cool off.

I get back and have a wee look at Mr Bentley. It shows me that that the missing parts are dowels. A look at my 'spare' damper shows that they are a press fit. Moss doesn't list them, so I look for something that would do the job, and find a couple of likely candidates in a pile of odd bolts.

Twenty minutes and two hacksaw blades later, I have two perfect dowels. The crank trigger is on, and I just have to put the front of the car back together, and apologise to the wife for being a grumpy a$$hole all afternoon (on her birthday no less).

One thing that I did learn however, grade 8 bolts are a LOT harder than grade 5. Even grade 5 eats hacksaw blades...

Tinster
04-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Good on ya Alan,

I knew you could do it.

I am trying to concept a design of a robot plus
lift mechanism where the dead Crypt Car can be
pushed into my garage, the robot gets the wheels off
and the lift raises the car to a decent working level.

What I should do is tow the bloody thing to The Crusher
and purchase a streetable TR6 and have it shipped over
to the island. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yesnod.gif

d

04-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Naah - you've got a nearly new car. Just a few niggles and you'll be all set.

Brosky
04-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Good advice from Alan. Think about it Dale.

You'll be better when it stops raining and the suns out again.

Tinster
04-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Yup, pro'bly correct about the sun thing.

Seeing it on jacks AGAIN with rear suspension
torn out AGAIN is depressing for anyone.

Looking forward to the T/A arrival so I can begin
rebuilding. Never cared much for demolition.

d

14dna
04-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Dale
Don't wait 15 months to phone this time. My girls would bring me down to fix this car just so they could see that island and get a ride in the World famous Crypt car.
Now, really, you can do this , I've seen it first hand.
Dave
P.S. It is almost a new car.

Bugeye58
04-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Alan, Just to rub a little salt in the wound, you could have gone to the local hardware store and gotten a couple of roll pins for about ten cents each and saved yourelf a bunch of hassle.
I'm only here to help, my friend. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Jeff

DrEntropy
04-23-2007, 06:19 AM
Don't listen to 'im, Alan... that's a "racer's fix"! You did the right thing. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Sunday at 6pm. The local hardware store isn't open. I got it fixed, that's the most important bit...