PDA

View Full Version : Where to find speaker grilles?

srmorse
04-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Strange question...I want to just cover the ugly holes in my TR7s door panels with speaker grilles and can't find anybody that sells just the grills...anyone know where to find a pair?

I'm also about to start looking for a blanking plate for the radio hole...

ObiRichKanobi
04-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Why not just buy a cheap pair of speakers? You could probably pick them up for about the price of the grills alone. It would also "seal" the doors. You might check some of the "thrift" stores for used ones...get them for a couple bucks I'd bet.

PS...I'd like to see pics of the 7 before you sell it.

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited by: ObiRichKanobi ]</p>

tr7sprint
04-26-2004, 02:20 PM
I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU, I'LL LOOK IN MY STASH OF PARTS AND SEE.

I'LL CONTACT YOU LATER TONIGHT IF I HAVE THEM.

CLIFTON DAVIS

steve99
04-26-2004, 04:08 PM
SR,

I've got a set of pretty decent Eclipse covers I'll let you have for the freight bill, (zip 54660). I think you might need to paint any surface behind them black though.

vnsc@charter.net

Steve

philman
04-26-2004, 09:54 PM
i think i still have the original speaker grills on my '81 tr7 if you want them.

srmorse
04-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Great response...but I may have another piece to the puzzle. It looks like the speaker holes *may* have been enlarged (although I don't know). The space between screw holes is 6" on the diagonal...is this the stock size (it looks like there were 5 1/4 speakers in there?

Clifton, Steve, ofr Philman...if any of you are willing would you check and see what the diagonal measurement is? I'd be glad to take any of you up on your offers!!!