PDA

View Full Version : Best set up for Weber 40 doec

kirschjf
04-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Hello,
I just by an TR6 with 3 Weber Carburators. I try to find the best setting for them: Injector size, ignition,...
Somebody could help me on this task?

Regards.

JF

04-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Dear JF,
The best setup for Triple Webers on a TR6 is:
sell them....
You only have two speeds with this arrangement, wide open or really wide open.
Over here, if you buy the triple Weber setup from most vendors, they will tell you, "We are happy to sell them but please lose our phone number." Sorry, but triple Weber DCOE's are not really suitable for the TR6. Some on this site will argue but I doubt they have ever run that setup. I currently am running triple Strombergs and have no problems.

Bill

bmurphy7369
04-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Kirschjf,

https://www.carbs.net/index.htm

Give the great people at Carbs Unlimited a call. They are located in Burbank, CA, and seem to be the experts for Weber conversion work. I wish I were in a position to order their kit for my Jaguar, but I have them on my wish list for now. Good luck.

Brian graemlins/cheers.gif

Dave Russell
04-22-2004, 06:27 PM
First check the size of the venturi (choke) tubes in the carbs. Remove one of the tubes, the size is marked on it. Or maybe you can look down inside & see the number. It is the back tube.

If they are larger than 32mm The car will never run well on the street. The tubes will cost a lot to replace if you need to do it.
D

[ 04-22-2004: Message edited by: Dave Russell ]</p>

PC
04-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Weber carburetors are wonderful because they are almost infinitely adjustable, allowing you to tune them to almost any engine need. Weber carburetors are terrible because they are almost infinitely adjustable, making it very easy to tune them poorly.

The appropriate tuning for a particular engine will vary depending on user preferences as well as mechanical characteristics like compression ratio, cam profiles exhaust design, etc.

Weber Carburettors* (Haynes,1979) and Weber Carburetors* (P. Braden, HP Books, 1988) both offer tuning recommendations for the TR6. These should only be considered approximations, starting points your own tuning activities.

suggested by HP:
model - 40DCOE18
main venturi - 30
aux. venturi 4.5
main jet 1.20
emulsion tube F11
air corrector jet 1.60
idle jet 0.50F11
accelerator pump jet 0.40
acc. pump orifice 0.50
needle velve - n/a

suggested by Haynes:
model - 40DCOE20
main venturi - 27
aux. venturi 4.5
main jet 1.30
emulsion tube F2
air corrector jet 1.60
idle jet 0.50F11
accelerator pump jet 0.45
acc. pump orifice closed
needle velve 2.0

PC.

* yes they spell carburetor/carburetor in the titles differently, HP is American, Haynes is British.

ELTGuy
04-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Can't help you much with the specifics about settin gthe Webber, but I did want to drop my .02 cents on their worth.

90% of the people who install Triple Webbers eventually hate them as they just seem to pump gas into the engine with minimal performance gain.

10% of the people who install them either know what they need to do or know whom to pay to do it properly. Triple Webbers really shine if you have made other changes to the engine, camshaft, exhaust work, gas flowing the head and so on. Stock engines won't be able to take nearly as much advantage of the carbs as a modified one will.

And like a previous poster said about them... they can be asjusted for just about any set up you can imagine and as such they are a jewel and a bedeviled instrument.

Good luck. graemlins/savewave.gif