PDA

View Full Version : New member from Kalispell, MT

owby
04-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Greetings from NW Montana. I'm a new member from Kalispell with the same disease you all have. LBC syndrome. My wife bought a '65 Sprite in '66 which she still had in '67 when we were married. We traded it for a new VW in '69 and regretted it ever since. 5 years ago we found one in Wyoming and drove all night to get it. Paid way too much and now we are rebuilding it from ground up. More and more $$$$$$$$!!! It has a newer 1275 eng and drum brakes on the front(?) so it must be some sort of hybrid or mutant. We also have a '71 Superbeetle that we have restored twice. That's one of those "daughter fixed it" stories. Our camper puller is a '68 Ford 250 that we restored just for that purpose. 429 eng/no mileage! But it looks nice(for a Ford). We're evidently just as twisted as any other LBC'r.
It' great to find a site that feels like home. Owby.

DART
04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes, welcome to the asylum. We all have uncureable LBCitis it seems, and for some strange reason revel in it. The one bit of wisdom I'd like to impart...if you mention your car, you HAVE TO POST PICS!!!

toysrrus
04-13-2007, 05:06 AM
Hi There owby;

Greetings from the Pocono Mtns of PA: The potential new capitol for "Gambling"! Yes; Its been approved here: Slots currently and for sure tables in the Near Future: I suspect your a bit closer to Vegas & I`m certain Vegas is Much more Entertaining:

Anyways; Welcome to the Club: This is One Great Place to just chat, Buy or Sell LBC Stuff!

Have Fun & Check out the other Forums designed for the Triumph, MG etc Specifically:

Regards, Russ

Darwin
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Welcome,

I lived in your area for about 10 years. Martin City and Hungry Horse area. Nice scenery, nice people, and some very nice twisties for driving excitement. I bought my spitfire while I was out there. Had many nice rides on the back roads.

AngliaGT
04-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Welcome!My Sister lives in Kalispell,in the
Evergreen area.There used to be a British Car
repair shop on the strip (in the '70's).

- Doug

Basil
04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome from a former Montana resident. I was stationed at Malmstrom for 7 years and my wife and I honeymooned at Flathead lake.

Basil

judow
04-15-2007, 12:27 PM
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif

Welcome from Agatha (100M) and Onslow (XJS Jaguar! I never had a disease I liked until i got LBCitis.

Not a nut or anything, but...

Shoveled in front of the garage where Agatha stays just so I can take her to do errands today. Need to explain, we had about 5 inches of snow and we have a northern exposure. Sun came out and the snow on the metal roof left about a foot high baricade in spite of the fact that the rest of the yard, driveway and roads are clear and dry. Today is supposed to get to 70 so...

Enjoy your sprite and the forum and
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif (That's the only cure for LBCitis!

longbridgehealey
04-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Welcome from Maryland! You'll find that these folks are both very knowledgable and extremely friendly - it's a giant community. Glad to have you!