PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 Convertible Top

StuartTR6
04-19-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm just about to attempt to fit a new canvas top to my TR6. I've read all the good information on other threads. My question is 'What's the correct procedure for folding the top down?'

Rick O.
04-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Stuart--Here's what I do with my canvas top:
1. Unlatch header rail
2. Detach side snaps
3. Raise top about midway
4. Detach side velcro and pull top away from frame.
5. While lowering frame, pull top away from frame so that it lies on the boot lid.
6. Place frame in fully lowered position.
7. Fold front part of top on top of frame with rear window on top. The side windows should be hanging off to the sides.
8. Lay soft cotton material (I use old white T-shirts) on the rear window.
9. Fold side windows down over T-shirts.
10. Attach boot cover.

Rick O.
72 TR6

04-19-2004, 12:36 PM
I ripped (scissor cut) a brand new Robbins top on my TR6 last month by not folding properly. That is, my son did. He borrowed the car for a spin, dropped the top, and cost me 5 C-notes.

I concur, folding these babies is slow, but not worth the short cut. Cut is what you will get.

Bill

clearblk
04-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Great info on folding the top. I never thought about sliding some towels in there to protect the plastic window. I tried for the first time on my newly bought TR6 to put the top down and half of the snaps on the rear deck separated. Anyone have any fixes for this. Maybe I will just make a new post on this subject. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge.

StuartTR6
04-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Thank you gentlemen. graemlins/driving.gif