PDA

View Full Version : New member from Florida

ming11
03-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I've been a member of the Classic Jaguar Assn. since 1963(#613). I own a 1948 Jaguar 3.5 Liter Saloon(630027) since 1961. At present, the car is waiting to be re-assembled after a body-off restoration by me and several friends over the years. Even the wire wheels have been re-wired. It has every option from the factory, including fitted luggage and Ace Rimbellishers and every original piece of paper from the dealer. In fact, Jaguar USA copied the greasing chart from me because they didn't have one. Hopefully, the car will be assembled for concours this year. I did modify the engine internally to modernize and improve it. It has steel con rods and the water-pump seal has been converted to the XK-120 type. It also has new 4-ring pistons and teflon valve seals(there were no valve seals at all). The crankshaft is balanced to 8000rpm. and the pistons and rods are exactly the same weight.

14dna
03-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Sounds as if you have a winner there. Are you planning on entering it in any events once it is done?
Welcome to the forum where great minds wonder at will, but come to the front when needed. Jump in lots with both questions and answers, 'cause we like that.
Dave

Basil
03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
I would LOVE to see that car! Welcome to the BCF!

aeronca65t
03-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Welcome!

I love those big old Jag sedans. One of my friends had one when we were in high school (late 60s) and I helped him pull the engine in it when were both only 17.

I actually googled "Ace Rimbellishers" since I had no idea what that was. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif