PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Connecticut

Soup
03-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Hello all. I' own a 72 TR6 I purchased four years ago not running. The previous owner pulled it into his garage 13 years prior in hopes of restoring her but never found the time, to my benefit. I also owned and just sold last year an 80 Spitire which was a very fun car but glad to have graduated to the 6. The 6 has thus far had a complete brake job, flushed and and sealed fuel tank with new fuel lines, replaced slave cylinder exhaust with Monza (not thrilled) and many other little things. Now I'm in need of a clutch. I would appreciated any comments anyone has regarding the Gunst bearing. I've placed this as a topic.

Soup

Basil
03-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Hello Soup! Welcome to the forum! We have a very active Triumph forum here so I'm sure you will fit right in. Now that you have itroduced yourself, when you start having specific technical questions, jump into teh Triupm Forum. Also note we have several other "general" forums, including "The Pub" for just shooting the breeze. Be sure to explore the other areas of the BCF too, especially the "Site LInks" and "Member Links."

Cheers,
Basil

DrEntropy
03-18-2007, 10:24 AM
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif

And p'raps a few photos of the car and the T/O bearing replacement!

Soup
03-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Will try, not sure yet how to attach photo's. I will definately be photographing the clutch replacement

toysrrus
03-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi There Soup;

My Name is Russ & simply dropping a Note of Welcome from PA: As Basil had mentioned; Check out the "Triumph Forum" and take a Virtual Tour of Your Car:

Think Spring;

Regards, Russ

14dna
03-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Soup
Hi there from Canada. Go to the Triumph Forum and post the clutch thing.I'm sure Tinster will reply with details on his escapades. This is a great place to exchange knowledge and to get help.Jump in lots with questions and answers. And most of all, enjoy.
Dave

Tinster
03-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Welcome Soup,

Ya found a great place for mechanical help as
well a right friendly place to sit a spell and
share yer knowledge and tell a few lies.

A bloody shame ya live in such a miserable place
so totally lacking in sandy beach bikini babes.
If not for that, I'd fly up there and install the
clutch myself.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Tinster in Puerto Rico

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q101/TinsterTR6/oceanPark2.jpg

Bugeye58
03-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Note to Soup:
The picture in the above post is <u>NOT</u>, repeat <u>NOT,</u> a picture of Tinster!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Jeff

Basil
03-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Note to Soup:
The picture in the above post is <u>NOT</u>, repeat <u>NOT,</u> a picture of Tinster!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Jeff

Right, Tinster is MUCH better looking /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/troll.gif

Tinster
03-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Oh Basil !! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

You flatter me so!!

I didn't know you noticed!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Soup
03-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the greetings.

Tinster has already been very helpful on the whole clutch issue. I posted it under Gunst Throw Out Bearing and I have received lots of input. Honestly didn't expect this much help. Just hope that over time my experience will grow to a point that I can help although experience usually comes at a cost.

Sure thats not you Tinster?

Soup

14dna
03-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Trust me. I've been to the island to visit Tinster, and that's not him. But he sure does make you feel comfortable.
Dave