PDA

View Full Version : F1 Australia this weekend!

Simon TR4a
03-16-2007, 03:31 PM
I am looking forward to the new season, and seeing the progress of:

1) Heiiki Lovalainen- a major talent.(In my opinion!)
2) Lewis Hamilton, also a major talent.(Ditto)
3) Robert Kubica, see above.
4) How will Kimi Raikonen fare against Massa at Ferrari?
5) Williams/Toyota, a good match finally?
6) Button, has he really got it?
7) Pretty-boy Rosberg, not as good as Nico?
8) Toro Rosso with Ferrari power.

Anyone else staying up late?
Simon.

Hap Waldrop
03-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Well Kimi answered that question. Lewis did great in his first race, and I was inpressed with BMW as well. It's going to be a good year. Button need to get out of that POS Honda, and the same goes for Nico in the Williams. Poor old Speed, we'll never know how good he is in that Torro, he'd be better off Friday testing for a better team.

toysrrus
03-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi There Gents;

Hap; I`m considering moving to The Greenville Area perhaps in the Near Future: What can You tell me about it?

What happened to "Michael Schumacker"?

Regards, Russ

GB1
03-19-2007, 10:14 AM

He Retired.

What was DC thinking or rather was DC thinking?

Patrick

Hap Waldrop
03-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi There Gents;

Hap; I`m considering moving to The Greenville Area perhaps in the Near Future: What can You tell me about it?

Regards, Russ

Good climate, nice downtown area, more resturants and shopping than you can shake a stick at, pretty resourceful area, car wise, not much you can't find here. We have a really good British car club, Foothills British Car Club
https://www.fbccsc.org , Good mountain roads to drive your LBC on that you can be at in 30 minutes or less. One of the best Euro car shows in the contry, Eurofest at BMW. I would reccommend looking at moving to the Northern side of town, near Furman University or Traveler's Rest, instead of the overcrowded East side, if you live on the North side, then make it 15 minutes to the mountain roads. Most people when they research Greenville, think it's a small place because we don't have forced city annexing, so the city population is like maybe 150,000, but the county is closer to a million, Greenville is most populated county in the state, lots of jobs here too.

toysrrus
03-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi Hap;

Thanx for All the Good Info; Especially Your Club Web-Site: I just may join for the Heck of It!! What is "Mauldin" like & Where is it relative to the Areas that You recommend? I ask cause there is someone I know here in PA that has a Sister who lives there and they Love It: I`m looking more for a Country Atmosphere; Preferably a Couple of Acres or More & Reasonably Priced Housing: Not asking for too much am I??

Thanx in advance for Your Input;

Regards, Russ

MadMarx
03-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Very boring race.

When does they install "push to pass" like in the Champ Cars?
That would enable them to overtake on track and not in the pits.

Simon TR4a
03-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I think the passing problem is due to that bloody downforce stuff they invented recently!
Nice battles in motorcycle races, 3 or 4 lead changes per lap sometimes; no downforce!

I think the problem started with the turbo era, they had so much power they could pull these huge wings around and still go fast down the straight.

It was some guy in Texas invented it, and then that little Bernie Ecclestone screwed up the racing with commercial sponsorship and too much money being involved.
Vintage racing is best; no sponsors, no downforce.
I must be getting old...Simon.

MadMarx
03-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I am thinking about a diffusior rear but I don't know how to get it through the tech people.

Hap Waldrop
03-22-2007, 06:08 AM
Hi Hap;

Thanx for All the Good Info; Especially Your Club Web-Site: I just may join for the Heck of It!! What is "Mauldin" like & Where is it relative to the Areas that You recommend? I ask cause there is someone I know here in PA that has a Sister who lives there and they Love It: I`m looking more for a Country Atmosphere; Preferably a Couple of Acres or More & Reasonably Priced Housing: Not asking for too much am I??

Thanx in advance for Your Input;

Regards, Russ

Mauldin is a quick growing suburb of Greenville, if you want a couple of acres and room to move around and a small town feel, Mauldin is not the place, but you can down the road alttle farther towards Laurens county and things open up, but Travelers rest is more what you are looking for , and it's still only 10 minutes form downtown, the thing you'll find out about the Greenville area is no matter where you are, you never more the 20-30 minutes away from anything, and even better, since we're on the racing forum.

Road Atlanta 100 miles
CMP 125 miles
Roebling Road 250 miles
VIR 240 Miles

I would say they are easily 100 road racers in Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson counties, so they are plenty of people in the area doing what you do and many resourses for a road racer.

JerryB
03-22-2007, 01:40 PM
TR4a
Jedi Warrior

"""""I am looking forward to the new season, and seeing the progress """""

yup....lotta progress in F1...especially if your an attorney. How bout that Michelin Tire Company??????

.....is it a clone or isnt it?

MadMarx
03-23-2007, 01:46 PM
..... How bout that Michelin Tire Company??????

.....is it a clone or isnt it?

I don't understand?
Michelin is an ordinary tire company in France.
Does make good racing tires.

https://www.reifenschlag.de/2006/TB5.gif

JerryB
03-23-2007, 02:35 PM
""""""" understand?
Michelin is an ordinary tire company in France.
Does make good racing tires."""""

Theres' nothing wrong with Michelin per se and bibendum is one of my fave cartoon characters.....

Michelin is suing FIA because FIA awarded the WRC tire contract to Pirelli.

new season> progress> FIA> F1> lawsuit>
progress???

"""""""lotta progress in F1...especially if your an attorney. """"""""