PDA

View Full Version : TR4/4A 4A Mirrors

Tomster
03-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I am wondering if there is an "official layout" of the recommended mirrors for late model 4A IRS. Mine has the lucas style bullet on the drivers wing and reg. interior rear view. I suspect that there were originally no exterior, factory mounted, mirrors and any that may have been installed where done by the dealerships or previous owner.
I'd like to add a passenger side mirror and am wondering fender, door, bullet, flat...?

toysrrus
03-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi There Tomster;

My Name is Russ & from the Pocono Mtns of PA: I just looked thru My "Orig. Triumph TR4/4A/5/6" Book by Bill Piggott: It states that there were many types of Mirrors avail: The "Bullet" type being the Most Common and typically mounted on the Door; The Drivers Side Door Only! On My `66 TR4A-IRS is a Small, 3" Dia. Short Base, Door Mounted One & In My Opinion Looks Really Good and Is Extremely Functional: I suppose Its whatever Your Preferance is: Should You already have a Fender Mounted Mirror; Personally; I would also mount the other one on the Fender as well: It`ll simply look better as opposed to one on the Door & The Other on a Fender: That would look like a mistake!

Russ