PDA

View Full Version : I now have TS1203LO's birth certificate...

YankeeTR
02-07-2007, 11:37 AM
I had figured that the car was either ice blue, white or gray...and the winner is... drum roll, please ...

Ice blue with a geranium interior and geranium hood (top)...

I guess Lou Metelko and I now have something in common.

Of course now I can't possibly paint it the original color because my bad behavior will give Lou a bad name!

Interestingly enough, they never recorded the engine number ...I guess that makes it easier to have a numbers matching car ...

gsalt57tr3
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
What is the website to get the certificate?

My TR3 is coming up on her 50th birthday and I'd like to know when it actually is.

YankeeTR
02-07-2007, 12:07 PM
What is the website to get the certificate?

My TR3 is coming up on her 50th birthday and I'd like to know when it actually is.
Here ya go....
https://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/sectionpages/archive_index.html

Twosheds
02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I see that the BMHIT Certificate costs 35 Pounds. There is an alternative to the Cert for TR2-3 owners. If you are a TRA member, you can get a build record for your car for $20 from Joel Rosen jrosenii@lycos.com .

The build record comes from the TR Register and isn't as fancy looking as the Cert. It's on 1/2 sheet of paper and the info is typewritten (remember typewriters?). At least it used to be; I got mine years ago.

Actually, I think the build record looks kinda cool.

The information given is almost the same. I think the build record does not list engine number. Maybe something else is left off.

Even if you have to join TRA to get one, you're probably still money ahead!

YankeeTR
02-08-2007, 10:53 AM
I see that the BMHIT Certificate costs 35 Pounds. There is an alternative to the Cert for TR2-3 owners. If you are a TRA member, you can get a build record for your car for $20 from Joel Rosen jrosenii@lycos.com .

The build record comes from the TR Register and isn't as fancy looking as the Cert. It's on 1/2 sheet of paper and the info is typewritten (remember typewriters?). At least it used to be; I got mine years ago.

Actually, I think the build record looks kinda cool.

The information given is almost the same. I think the build record does not list engine number. Maybe something else is left off

Even if you have to join TRA to get one, you're probably still money ahead!

That's a good idea...

Twosheds
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Here's the information given on a Triumph Register Build Record:

Type

Building Date

Body Shell Number

Tyre Size

Body Colour

Trim Colour and Type

Hood/Side Curtains Colour

Delivery Destination

Other Specifications and Equipment

Special Notes

I don't have a BMHIT Cert so I don't know how this compares to the info on the Cert.

Brosky
02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I got mine last fall. It looks really great at shows and you'd be surprised the amount of people who ask about the ships that they came over on.

YankeeTR
02-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Here's the information given on a Triumph Register Build Record:

Type

Building Date

Body Shell Number

Tyre Size

Body Colour

Trim Colour and Type

Hood/Side Curtains Colour

Delivery Destination

Other Specifications and Equipment

Special Notes

I don't have a BMHIT Cert so I don't know how this compares to the info on the Cert.

Here it is....
https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum/memberfiles/4373-TS1203LOcertificate.jpg

Twosheds
02-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow, practically identical information.

Aldwyn
02-09-2007, 02:00 PM
I have hesitated to do this just because of the price! But hey... ya gotta get wild every now and then for the hobby. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

They ask for car, engine and body number.

On my TR6, I only know of a car (VIN) and engine number. What is the body number?

Andrew Mace
02-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Body number is just that! Actually, on many of the TR models, there are TWO body numbers. One is for the 'body in white' (unpainted shell) and the other is for the completely painted and trimmed body about to be dropped onto a built chassis.

Note that the "SC" (small car such as Herald, Spitfire, etc.) only have one body number, since the bare body and chassis were united first, painted, and then fitted and trimmed...a very different assembly process than the TRs.

Aldwyn
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks Andrew! Now where do I find said body number on my 76 TR6? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Andrew Mace
02-10-2007, 07:12 PM
On the TR4 and 250, it's on the firewall towards the passenger side. Hopefully a TR6 owner here can tell you if it's in a similar location on the TR6!

DNK
02-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Same

Aldwyn
02-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks, gents! I only remember seeing two numbers there... VIN and Engine. I will have to check tomorrow and see what I can find!

sammyb
02-10-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't want to see my BMHT record for my TR3, mostly because it will indicate that my car is SO DIFFERENT than how it left the factory! I have overdrive, wire wheels, red paint, black interior w/no piping. Chances are that none of this is correct. The engine may or may not be original to the car, but then again, the frame might not be original to the car, either!!!

But it is what it is--- a good red TR3 with OD and wires! Good enough for me to drive.

YankeeTR
02-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't want to see my BMHT record for my TR3, mostly because it will indicate that my car is SO DIFFERENT than how it left the factory! I have overdrive, wire wheels, red paint, black interior w/no piping. Chances are that none of this is correct. The engine may or may not be original to the car, but then again, the frame might not be original to the car, either!!!

But it is what it is--- a good red TR3 with OD and wires! Good enough for me to drive.

I guess my "history buff" nature demanded I know the cars original features...