PDA

View Full Version : Picture Request

jerrybny
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Can someone with a TR6 and a good digital camera please do me a favor and take a couple of pictures of the side window seals. I would like to see what the seals and channels look like when viewing from both the inside and outside of the car.
Also make those pictures with both the window up an down. Someone had given me these pictures once before but I lost the darn things. I'm putting my top back together now that I have enough free time. Work sure has a way of getting in the way of doing stuff we really enjoy. A million thanks in advance.

Brosky
02-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Was this a test to see if I'd leave my nice warm computer room and go out into the freezing garage, just to help you out????

I passed, if so.

rotoflex
02-03-2007, 05:30 PM
He's just showing off his Furflex door seal.

Brosky
02-03-2007, 05:38 PM
If I could have found the pics from the last time Jerry asked, at least I wouldn't have had to get cold.

The fuzzy seals are really nice until you start dragging your feet over them, getting in and out of the car. Which is not hard to do when you're my size, in one of these tiny cars....

tomshobby
02-04-2007, 01:29 PM
The fuzzy seals are really nice until you start dragging your feet over them, getting in and out of the car. Which is not hard to do when you're my size, in one of these tiny cars....

I really think these cars have shrunk over the years!

Aldwyn
02-04-2007, 05:07 PM
It's good to see that my 6 isnt the only one who's window doesnt reach the top seal! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Brosky
02-04-2007, 05:45 PM
This window is the better of the two. I have two new regulators, channels, tracks and glasses. Nothing old in the car, yet the originals adjusted to a tighter fit. I have no leaks, but I don't care for the looks of it, so the doors will come back apart in the summer and I'll try again to adjust it out.

Aldwyn
02-05-2007, 08:58 AM
My passenger side doors reaches, and is water tight... My drivers side does not, but I think in part... if not the actual cause... is that the door sits slightly lower then it should.

I need to figure out how to adjust the door so that it sits higher.

Brosky
02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
My doors are level to the fenders and are as good as they can get. Even my body guy is puzzled on this one, because he's really fussy and very good at these things and he can't get them any better either.

But that doesn't mean that after walking away for a few months, that they can't be made better, or at least as good as the old parts were. I kept everything that we replaced, so we'll be doing some comparisons in the spring.

Luckily I have no leaks for that very rare time that I'm actually out in the rain.

Aldwyn
02-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Good luck, Paul! Hopefully you guys can figure it out, and get it fixed!

Brosky
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
We will, trust me on that one. This has been a bit of a pet peeve with me for some months now. If I had a heated garage and wasn't so darned lazy after working 9 or 10 hours per day, this would be fixed already. And that weekend thing called golf pops up when theres no snow, so...........it's really my fault.

My biggest problem was that I put the top down in April and it never goes back up until November, unless I get caught in a down pour, so I never noticed a problem until late in the fall.

No biggie. Bumpers and tri-carbs are the bigger fish to fry. She's gone along with the rechrome, but the tri-carb is a harder sell than fixing the windows will be!!

When you find a TR6 with perfect windows, look at the fender to hood and fender to door fit. It's always something....