PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Selling the TR3

jayhawk
02-02-2007, 03:12 PM
I dunno how long it takes for the classified material to become posted but this morning I entered my '60 TR3 into that section here. You will find the details there but I have other pics I could send, too. It's now a good, fun driver that looks pretty darned good, too. $8900 Send me a note if you need more.

jayhawk
02-03-2007, 02:51 PM
The ad is now in the classified section

Pete

TR4nut
02-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Jayhawk-

I guess no one is as rude as me to ask yet, but are you done with Triumphs for a while? I think your 3 should sell pretty quickly, I know I'd be trying to get up there to check it out if I were still in Texas. Of course, if you are just trying to upgrade to a TR4, maybe we can work a deal!

Randy

R6MGS
02-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Maybe he's fallen in love with another red convertible /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jayhawk
02-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I have kept the TR3 longer than I have most of the cars I've purchased and I know I've taken more photos of it than any car I've had. I never know why I move on.... I had been wanting this one longer than any other car (and not satisfying the quest) until 3 years ago and I was very pleased (privileged to have found it). I had one a bunch of years ago when I was in my last semester in college. Loved it then but needed a "regular" car for work and couldn't afford to have 2 cars and had no garage.

I hope someone will enjoy this one, too. I may indeed have a TR4 or 6 someday. Haven't had either-- lotsa B's and a Sprite but no other TR's!
Pete

Mickey Richaud
02-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Sounds a lot like me, Pete. I sold my '57 TR3 that I had lovingly restored. Lots of folks thought I was nuts to do so, but it was time to move on. Haven't looked back, and the TR8 that has replaced it is much more enjoyable.

Don't think I'll own another TR3 - not that I don't like 'em. Just sort of a "been there-done that" thing with me. Always another experience down the road...

Mickey

Bugeye58
02-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Pete, you aren't abandoning LBC's are you?
Jeff

jayhawk
02-04-2007, 10:54 AM
"Pete, you aren't abandoning LBC's are you?
Jeff"

Likely more like a hiatus.. It's been my history to lay off for a short while and then I see something in the paper or someone tells me about one and I'm there again. It's documented in my medial record that I have them episodically whereas some here have one forever and some have them all at once! : )

Pete

Bugeye58
02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Pete. I think I fall in the last category. Counting parts cars, about 25 or so currently.
Jeff

R6MGS
02-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Pete. I think I fall in the last category. Counting parts cars, ab0ut 25 or so currently.
Jeff

Well I am not there yet...but I've never been without an LBC since the time I was 14.