PDA

View Full Version : Hello from San Diego California.

neilh
01-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone. Ex-pat Brit here in sunny Southern California.
I'm into vehicle restoration big time, currently finishing up a 79 MG Midget, also run a 98 Landrover Discovery and a 81 Porsche 928. I restore old farm wagons and vehicles for a hobby as well.
I look forward to hearing from any other locals and participating on this board.
Cheers
Neil

Steve
01-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Welcome Neil, from a fellow ex-pat Brit. There are several of us who are active on the forum.......

Which town/city are you from originally?

Fellow member Bret is in your neck of the woods, he has an MGB and he also owns a 928 Porsche! You have much in common.

PC
01-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi Neil, welcome to the party!

PC.

GB1
01-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Neil

Welcome, the spridget forum is very good here.

Patrick

Bugeye58
01-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Welcome, to the looney bin, Neil.
You restore old farm wagons, and don't have a Triumph??!!
Jeff

Bret
01-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Welcome Neil! Bout time you came over here & joined the madness. Lots of great folks here.

Hey everyone Neil's an alright fella. Thanks for making him feel welcome. He was one of the first on “Rennlist.com” to put his hand out to me when I joined that group of P-car fanatics. Surprisingly there are a lot of Porsche owners who own LBCs too.

Anyway I saw his Midget a couple of weeks back and let me tell you Neil will be a major addition & contributor before long.
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Steve
01-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, of course Neil's an alright fella......he's a Brit, isn't he? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Bret, any friend of yours....../bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

DrEntropy
01-25-2007, 08:22 AM
mehheh... Oh, awright then. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

...I wuz gonna hold that *P* word agin 'im.

NOT!

Welcome to th' fracas, Neil!

...bring any AllSorts wi'ya?? Me trouble-n-strife has a weakness fer 'em. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Steve_S
01-25-2007, 02:26 PM
I thought we had Bret's twin here for a moment. All three cars are basically the same and both in San Diego!

Welcome to the site!

Bret
01-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey now Steve, let's not go picking on the new guy.

He's got an MG Midget, a Shark and a Disco.

I've got a MGB, a Shark and a F-150 SC 4x4.

His “two” of a kind (i.e. British) beats my mixed suit. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Bret
01-25-2007, 03:43 PM
BTW Neil,

I just got my 78B’s registration notice from the DMV and this is the year I have to take her in for a smog test. I don’t know where you are with your Midget but as we discussed it’s going to have to pass smog too. So I was wondering if you wanted to sit in on my pre-smog tune-up and get a “hands on” with my gas analyzer?

If so just let me know I can do it anytime as it’s not due until March.

Grantura_MKI
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Welcome, Neil. Nice weather we are having today? See you at the big show in October with your Midget.
Cheers, David.

Steve
01-25-2007, 05:28 PM
But Ford owns Land Rover.....so that means that you trump him?

Steve_S
01-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh, I thought you had a Land Rover for some reason. My bad!

neilh
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks everyone, and especially Bret - yes - let me know when you do the pre smog tune up - I would like to observe.

I'm a couple of weeks away from firing up the 79 Midget - first time since it was abandoned in '94, so we will see what happens. Just about everything under the hood is new or rebuilt, so I'm optomistic ( i'm british) it will start!

Cheers to all
Neil ( 80 deg here today insane diego!)

2wrench
02-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi, there. My name is Dennis and I am also new to
the forum. For some reason, seems a lot of guys are
from the East Coast.

I am northern California, and as things go, makes us
somewhat neighbors.

Dennis.

Basil
02-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Surprisingly there are a lot of Porsche owners who own LBCs too.

I can relate. For a couple of years I owned a 944 along with my British cars.

Welcme to the fun Niel - you'll fit right in!

Basil

AweMan
02-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Welcome Neil:
This is the place to be! Great people, great info
Surperb Forum!!