PDA

View Full Version : GT6 GT6 rear window louvre

Flinkly
01-23-2007, 02:32 PM
i figured i'd post this before i forgot to ask, but i know that a rear window louvre was sold by victoria british back in the eighties because i saw it in an old catalog. of course, i don't have the catalog anymore but i would really love to get my hands on a rear window louvre for my gt6.

i'm just full of odd-ball part questions today.

trrdster2000
01-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Flinkly, there were two different types and they both rattle like all get out, but they did work on keeeping the heat out. I don't recall where I got them but if I had to have some I would build my own with some wedging braced in the middle. They were about 3 and 1/2 to four inches wide and bent at an angle on the ends and then bent back into a channel that rested on the window. They were held in place by a bracket that went under the rubber and hooked on the glass. If I come across a picture of the rear of the car I will sent it to you.

Wayne

foxtrapper
01-24-2007, 06:50 AM
As small and relatively flat as the rear hatch glass is, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to make a set yourself.

vagt6
01-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Like fox said, or . . .

Put the eBay Great Britain website in your "favorites", and check it regularly. I found a significant source of GT6 parts there, and purchased a few from sellers there. Every time, the sellers were more than helpful and extremely polite and courteous.

It's also somewhat of an education. Since our cars were born there, it's a whole new world of parts and cars. Facinating, really, to watch the LBC marketplace there. It seems to be thriving.

Give it a shot. But, shipping costs are generally prohibitive, so investigate the total cost before purchase.

Good luck, let us know . . .

Flinkly
01-25-2007, 12:57 AM
i always forget that ebay is regional, and i have ordered car parts from UK ebay, thanks for the reminder, never have looked for gt6 parts over there. it is funny that i bought a lock set for my focus from there, but never even looked for my gt6.

thanks again everyone, i'll keep an eye out, and keep me posted on pictures.