PDA

View Full Version : Peal and stick stickers, alternative

Joe_Pinehill
01-23-2007, 12:32 PM
If you're like me you cringe at actually sticking a bumper sticker or other sticker on your car's bumper or painted surface.

I bought a pack of magnet sheets from Staples, comes in 8/5 x 11 material. I pealed and stuck the sticker to the magnet sheet, cut it out, and placed on the car. I did this for a GB International car symbol, and works fine.

Brosky
01-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey....nice idea! A real paint and glass saver.

CinneaghTR
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
I did that with my EIRE decal. You can see it on my triumphowners page. It covers up the holes for the IRS badge very well and I can switch out with my USA decal whenever I want.

Period LUCAS and CHAMPION stickers mounted on the magnetic sheet also cover up errant holes in the engine bay until I find a better way to plug them up.

I am not telling what I have planned regarding a period bumper sticker. ; )

kodanja
01-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I have a Real nice HP printer that I could print onto that magent material,I also purchased non fade color ink, to make any designs I want.

So I printed some 3"x5" Union Jacks for my rear bumper, just gotta remeber to remove them when yer washing the car otherwise it tends to leave marks on the chrome.

Joe_Pinehill
01-23-2007, 01:26 PM
I cant take all the credit, I was dropping my son off at school, and pulling out of the parking lot the was surrounded by the High School Girls Volley Ball Team, before i knew it, i had bought two Logo magnets, three chocalate bars.

Magnets were the High School logo sticker on magnetic sheet stock.

Tomster
01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Try top coat laminate or double sided laminating (Two decals back to back and then trim apart) for a real pro finish

Banjo
01-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Good idea! But do be aware that the magnets will let moisture and dust behind them. pull them off once in a while to inspect the paint behind there.
It would be a good idea to give an extra coat of wax just prior to applying the magnet

CinneaghTR
01-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Try top coat laminate or double sided laminating (Two decals back to back and then trim apart) for a real pro finish

That's a great idea! Had not thought of that. I did think of the extra wax and paint care. ; )