PDA

View Full Version : The Case of the Missing Minotaurs...they're back!!

01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
I came home at lunch a few moments ago and what do I find at my back door but the four missing 15" Minotaur wheels, with tires, with 16 lug nuts....

My friend the contractor managed to get the wheels/tires from the salvage yard, they had stashed them for their own use. When he explained the mistake and with a phone call from his good friend the DA, the tires and wheels were safely back home.
Now they are for real at my home. And for sale. Unfortunately, my wife's patience is short and she said the wheels must go, now. I ain't hauling them around to find a place to store them.

Since this is a brand-new set of circumstances, the first guy at my doorstep with $400.00 cash money gets the deal.
Those are not my words. They are my lovely wife's.
I cannot hold them and I will not ship them. The hassle is far too great.

They have been in the weather, the tires are NOT dry rotted but are serviceable, even usable for a while. There is a hint of rust (needs to be polished off) on the chrome lugs.

I really hate to do the deal like this but I really, really don't want to fool with them.

First PM that guarantees he wants them, and soon, has them.
Cash, 4 hundred dollars. That's it.

Oh, and they were on a 58 TR3 that never once rolled, except to the junk yard. They may have about 10 feet of roll on them. That's not mileage, that's footage.
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/billkaram/wheels.jpg

sp53
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Bill I am still waiting for you to put the stamps that I sent you on that OD tranny and send it to me in the Seattle area. I am curious if somebody sends a vehicle to the salvage yard then would not the vehicle belong to the yard at least for a while. If that is the case, how could the DA bully the guys to give up anything off that vehicle?
Sp53

TR6oldtimer
01-22-2007, 02:32 PM
It's called Louisiana

Brosky
01-22-2007, 02:39 PM
We don't the have DA do that in Providence. We have Louie and Vinny and they come to see you after it gets a little dark. Or they may visit you in the early morning, before your neighbors get up.

Oddly the DA is always looking for Louie and Vinny. And they're saving him needless hours of work. Go figure.

GB1
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Here in New York we have Vito and Guiseppe.

If they are not gone, what size are they?

Patrick

michalotti_tr
01-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Here in AR, they're known as Bubba and Leroy ...

YellerTR3
01-22-2007, 04:52 PM
I sent you a Pm. I would like them but can't get to you until the first part of February. Does this qualify me for first? maybe not! Will be with cash in hand! Its only a five hour drive and one of my sons (recent - as in December 2006 Tulane graduate) is headed your way the first weekend in february

01-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeller TR3 gottem! The deal of a lifetime. My wife will be happy to get them out of my driveway.

DNK
01-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Bill - Will give you $425

Juust kidding Yeller, enjoy!!