PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Tr3A and Sway bar mounting

Jerry
10-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Does anybody have a sway bar mounted on a TR3A or TR3B that can take a few digital pictures for me? I have an extra sway bar but am not sure of the mounting points. By the way, can you notice an effect with the bar on?

Jerry
TR3A

Paul W.
11-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Jerry, here is a link I saved of a few photos of a TR4 swaybar install. TR4 Swaybar Photos (https://www.geocities.com/wallaces_21/addco)
The TR3A install is very similar. Note that he went above and beyond the call. The standard installation is to bolt the center brackets right to the bumper brackets. He actually built extra brackets to move the center brackets away from the bend in the swaybar.

From what I understand, the center brackets don't carry much of the force so bolting to the bumper brackets is plenty strong enough.

Take my answer with a grain of salt, however since I have both a TR3 and a TR4 and have both swaybars, brand new, still in there boxes sitting on the garage floor. graemlins/blush.gif One day I will get around to doing my own install.

In the meantime, if you get yours installed, please post a quick summary to the forum.