PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North Carolina

ThinkRacing
01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Hap Waldrop and I were talking yesterday and he mentioned this forum which amazingly I had not yet come across. I immediately signed up. I look forward to being an active member.

My name is Fred McConnell and I come from a MG family and have been tinkering on them in some fashion since they were still new at the dealer. Only recently however, as I have set out to build a competition B, have I begun to get more technical and attempt to truly understand these beautiful cars.

I have a '71 B GT and my "race car" is a '67 B. My father raced spridgets in the 70s and 80s and I have always been involved in motor racing in some form since my birth. I love vintage racing and am working toward competing in that realm one day. However, in the meantime, I enjoy my car through track days and autocross.

Though it is a bit outdated, you can learn more about me at my Web site, https://www.thinkracing.net It is a tribute site to my dad and a record of my attempt to get the racing team back on track.

I look forward to my involvement on this forum and appreciate everyone who contributes, participates and does what is needed to keep this thing growing.

We LBC nuts need to stick together.

tony barnhill
01-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Welcome - link didn't work - but, welcome!

Basil
01-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi Fred! Glad to see you were able to get your little logon issue resolved. Welcome (again) to our humble forum! Sounds like you will fit right in here!

Cheers,
Basil

PS: Tony I fixed his link - he just had a period at the end that confused the browser.