PDA

View Full Version : A new MG Midget fan

terriphill
12-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Hello to all! I bought the car of my dreams last March on e-bay. It didn't run and was pretty rough. Since then, I have put in a rebuilt motor, weber downdraft carb, new starter, altenator, solenoid....you get the picture. It still hasn't left the garage, but today we had a breakthrough and may actually be on the road by this weekend. Considering I barely knew how to turn a screw when this all started, I have really learned a lot. (Particularly how to do it and then how to do it right!)
I knew I had lost my mind when my christmas presents were a Nardi steering wheel, wood shift knob to match, MG earrings and matching bracelets. Is this normal for MG owner's or have I just gone over the top? I can say, this is the cutest car I have ever owned. Stay tuned for the story of my 1st drive!
I look forward to talking with all of you and learning more about these cars.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bugeye58
12-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the fold, Terri. We're a pretty talkative bunch here, and have been known to get downright silly on occasion. But, considering what we drive, it's to be expected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Check out the Spridget forum, as that's the home for the Midget.
Jeff

swift6
12-28-2006, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(Particularly how to do it and then how to do it right!)
I knew I had lost my mind when my christmas presents were a Nardi steering wheel, wood shift knob to match, MG earrings and matching bracelets. Is this normal for MG owner's or have I just gone over the top?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your gettint to understand the LBC (Little British Car)hokeypokey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No you haven't gone over the top. Being OCD is a common disorder for LBC enthusiasts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif Welcome to the asylum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

ecurie_ecosse
12-28-2006, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[Your gettint to understand the LBC (Little British Car)hokeypokey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No you haven't gone over the top. Being OCD is a common disorder for LBC enthusiasts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif Welcome to the asylum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HEAR HEAR!. This is the friendliest asylum anywhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Plus you get a lot of helpful advice and information thrown in.

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

MattP
12-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the fold, from another part of AR. I'm starting to notice a bit of growth in LBC interest in our neck of the woods.

terriphill
12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
I can't wait to drive it up the pig trail. We have already decided that highway 300 (past pinnacle and Lake Maumelle) is our first trip. Northwest AR has some roads I can't wait to travel. I just gotta get it running. I have learned quite a lot on this car....mostly that you do it once and then do it again right! Some day I'll admit the Weber downdraft conversion fiasco.....

MattP
12-30-2006, 05:31 PM
The longest trip in the B yet was down 71 to Hot Springs then over to Malvern and family for last Thanksgiving. That was a really good drive. Once I get the Saturn alternator swap done, I intend to take it over to Mt. Magazine to see the new lodge.

bugimike
01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Welcome, You sound positivly normal for this crowd, enjoy the banter!!

bugimike
01-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Welcome, You sound positivly normal for this crowd, enjoy the banter!! You are fairly close to where the Spridget 50th anniversary re-union is taking place in the end of June.
Perhaps we will all meet there!!