PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Please save these TR3 parts cars - North of Boston

gjh2007
12-27-2006, 12:21 PM
I posted this a while back & no one was interested. I looked at the cars & they are in tough shape, but certainly I think he would entertain any reasonable offer, or they go to the junk yard! I wish I had the space to dismantle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/pts/253286004.html

YankeeTR
12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
I lost that post...I'm really interested...but I'd like to have a partner in the endeavor...anyone interested?

gjh2007
12-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Yea, but you're awfully far away...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

gjh2007
12-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Come to think of it, any one near Boston interested in doing the parts thing? I have a good connection with the owner, spent an hour with him last month & told him I couldn't handle it. Maybe a long weekend with a sawz all & engine hoist?

gjh2007
12-27-2006, 06:50 PM
The wife was thinking we might be able to part these out, which means I might make an offer on them, but before I make the move to haul them & disassemble the usable components I was wondering what the market for parts would be for some of you folks in the Northeast?

OK TR3 guys, chime in.

Banjo
12-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I need some oddball bits. Like the dash and door capping (just the frames, I can re-cover them), The glove box door, and I'd like to find a TR3 rear axle on the cheap, to upgrade from my early, but weak TR2 one. I also need a set of windtone horns (any shape, I can usually get 'em working again)
If Yankee TR does a run, he's going through my area. I'd do what I could, but I don't know how much time I have to offer to the cause.
Keep me informed on whatever you guys come up with. I may be able to help subsadize the trip in exchange for some bits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

YankeeTR
12-28-2006, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The wife was thinking we might be able to part these out, which means I might make an offer on them, but before I make the move to haul them & disassemble the usable components I was wondering what the market for parts would be for some of you folks in the Northeast?

OK TR3 guys, chime in.

[/ QUOTE ]
sent you a PM...

NickMorgan
12-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Wow, if these were in the UK they would be considered as rebuild projects! Imagine being able to find cars like that still. Certainly if they were in the UK, they would be in my possession by now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gjh2007
12-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm starting to get some interest, I'm making a list & checking it twice, only $100 to flat bed both to my house..

YankeeTR
12-29-2006, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to get some interest, I'm making a list & checking it twice, only $100 to flat bed both to my house..

[/ QUOTE ]
Any word on whether you're going to "pull the trigger" on these parts? If you need $$$, let me know!

gjh2007
12-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Haven't done anything yet, It wish winter wasn't looming here in the North East, makes it much more difficult to do any work outside. I still have to consider my neighbors also, I only have a half acre & I don't want a blight in my yard & neither do they.

I will keep you guys posted.

YankeeTR
12-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Is anyone interested in partnering in this venture? I will make the trip IF I find someone who needs some parts and will make a committment.....

kindofblue
01-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Painful seeing those beauties sunk into the mud. I hope you can make it work Gary. Have you talked to anyone in your local club about it?

gjh2007
01-01-2007, 09:19 PM
NO, don't belong to a "local" club. Holidays have kept me busy.