PDA

View Full Version : Had an MGC once-upon-a-time...

12-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello all,
Years ago I had a primrose yellow MGC roadster for a short while, had to sell it because of a cross country move, it was not roadworthy at the time. Thinking I would like to have another MG someday, but I hardly ever see them on the road anymore. I looked at a Pontiac Solstice the other day. not enough interior space for my long legs. What are MGB GT's worth now a days?

Steve
12-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the forum! Any MGB will be a lot less than the Solstice, GTs are generally less than the roadsters, so you should probably be able to pick up a mint condition car for less than $10K.

12-25-2006, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any MGB will be a lot less than the Solstice, GTs are generally less than the roadsters, so you should probably be able to pick up a mint condition car for less than $10K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve thanks for the information, now I'll keep a look out for one locally... perhaps I'll find an abandoned project sitting in someones driveway.

macino62
12-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Welcome LBC,

The Solstice isn't much of a car, at all. With the top down, there is literally no trunk space. Impossible to take the car on long trips. (My dad had one for a week when they first came out, and then sold it for more than he paid for it.)

Welcome to the board!

Grantura_MKI
12-26-2006, 02:31 PM
I have a MGC roadster project for sale in California if you have an interest?
Welcome to the group! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif