PDA

View Full Version : Hi from PA

torquewench
12-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi,

I've been following for about a year and a half and was recently convinced by a friend to register.

I am an enthusiast of LBCs, racing, and Guinness!

Am working on getting an LBC, just need to get rid of a couple other vehicles first!

fmichaels
12-18-2006, 10:53 AM
welcome, i'm located in pottstown (actually pottsgrove) PA.

aeronca65t
12-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Welcome!
We *all* know about having a few too many projects (up to my elbows in them right now!)

DrEntropy
12-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Welcome in!

We're:

A) Friendly
B) Project Oriented
C) Fond of Guinness

You're "home"!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

vping
12-22-2006, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome in!

We're:

A) Friendly
B) Project Oriented
C) Fond of Guinness

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! and for Guinness I third that and fourth and..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

Banjo
12-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Greetings from the Watkins Glen area! Good luck on finding an LBC. you're in a good place for suppourt when you get one (and even while you're trying to get one)

WhatsThatNoise
12-28-2006, 08:40 AM
TorqueWench,

I think I know who this is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Still thinking about a little Spit?

ecurie_ecosse
12-28-2006, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome in!

We're:

A) Friendly
B) Project Oriented
C) Fond of Guinness

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! and for Guinness I third that and fourth and..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Motion carried!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

torquewench
12-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Yeh, I am looking for a Spitfire, or MGB. Of course my first choice would be a TR6. But the Spits are fun.

Brosky
12-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Where are you in PA, eastern or western side? I grew up near Johnstown, so I'm curious. And Welcome!!

fmichaels
01-02-2007, 08:43 AM
paul, my parents grew up in johnstown ... travelled there many times as a kid ... kind of haunting now, but that's how those steel towns get.

Brosky
01-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, you're right, but they've made a nice transition from steel town to what they are today. Some of the best examples of ethnic food in the country there. Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Syrian, Jewish, Hispanic, Russian, you name it. A great melting pot, indeed.

I was lucky in that I grew up when the mills were booming during the 50-60's and got out in the late 70's when the end was near. Take care and drive safe!