PDA

View Full Version : New member here from Mississippi

tdecell
12-05-2006, 10:15 AM
New member here, I was <u>given</u> a 1974 MGB by a friend who was tired of it sitting in his driveway under a cover. I'm just starting to fix it up. I've got it to where I can drive it, had to put new tires on it, and get it running (someone dropped a screw insie dizzy, shorting out points), fix all the lights (mostly corroded connections!) Will be hanging around asking questions, I'm sure... Thanks in advance! https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h250/tdecell/100_2539.jpg

tony barnhill
12-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, welocme - what a gift...let us know how we can help

if you go to my website, there's a checklist for getting it back on the road:

https://www.theautoist.com/awakening_a_sleeping_b.htm

tdecell
12-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks Tony, I've been to your site, got it bookmarked!! I found this forum while looking through the MG Experience forums. I do have a question, I'll ask it in the MG topics...
Thanks again

Patton
12-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Hello from a fellow Mississippian! I'm from Jackson (now in Plano, TX) and I left (sold) my beloved Sprite there 6 years ago when I moved from Madison to Houston.

Be sure to join the English Motoring Club of Mississippi. I am sure you can fid some help there.

Is that MGB GT still parked at the car lot on Northside Drive on the Clinton side after it passes under 220? It has been there for year.

R6MGS
12-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Sweet Freebie! enjoy the car, and ask away!

tdecell
12-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Patton, I know that car lot you're talking about, but I've not seen the GT there, I go past that lot every day on the way to work, I'll be looking tomorrow. thanks for the info...

LeeMcKee
12-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Welcome!
I just moved to Birmingham from Waveland MS.(guess why)
There are a lot of good people in your area to lean on. Maybe we will see you at the Vicksburg show. We also have a get together planned here for May 19th of 2007.
Cheers,
Lee McKee

Patton
12-06-2006, 02:37 PM
There was also a junkyard down in McGee (maybe B&amp;O???) that had several MGB's in the back. They kept saying that they were going to crush them, but the last I checked they were rusting away. You turned east just south of town to get there.

tdecell
12-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Patton, I didn't see the GT today when I went by, but it may be behind the fence, I'll ck out that place im Magee also, Thanks!
Lee, when is the Vicksburg show? I grew up there! My dad had an AH years ago (lots) when I was young, wish we still had that one...

LeeMcKee
12-07-2006, 09:45 AM
The Vicksburg show is actaully across the river in Valdosta, LA. I think that it is in the Fall. I'll check on it for you... Tony probibly knows off hand.