PDA

View Full Version : Going for a Ride

Musicman
11-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, the mercury is only around the 40 degree mark right now, but the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day for a ride so I'll be firing up the six and heading out for a nice drive. Of course, the top will be down.

Anyone else going for a ride?

Mickey Richaud
11-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Yep - later this afternoon. S'posed to be near 60, and I don't see a cloud anywhere!

MarkT
11-18-2006, 11:14 AM
With cloudless skies and the mercury in the 50's, I've been out doing errands around town in the '6 already. Now debating between a longer drive into the Hill Country or yard work. Such a hard choice!

Mark

Kirk_Fisher
11-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Started my riding at 9 a.m. this morning. It was a comfy 36 with bright sun and Carolina blue skies. Top was off and it was a glorious morning listening to the growling exhaust.

Harry_Ward
11-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Looked out the window, the sun was shining, temp was 59 degrees, said woo-hoo first day in a week I seen that bright thing. Told the wife I'm heading out to the bank, put on my three upper layers of clothing, went down to the garage, opened the door, started up the 3, backed out and went to the bank and back under the coldest grey-est clouds you ever saw. Sun was gone and the temp dropped down to fifty (felt like twenty) in a matter of minutes. Along the way everybody looking at me and I can't figure out why! I finally figure it must a been that big smile on my face and they probably thought I was nuts.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Brosky
11-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Almost sixty here and not raining for a change. Weather must have thought today was Monday. Anyhow, nice 10 mile ride at lunch to blow out the dust and back into the garage until tomorrow. Office catch up day or I would be cruising.

Adrio
11-18-2006, 01:55 PM
the temperature is close to freezing here today but it has stopped raining (for now). Today will be the last TR4A drive of the year for me as I will drive it to storage.

jerrybny
11-18-2006, 03:34 PM
No sun, 45 degrees, So I put my ski cap on and went for a ride for an hour or so. Some people looked at me like I am crazy. I am crazy, crazy about driving my TR6.

R6MGS
11-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Coldy and cool...but not too cold. Took the 6 out for a run, with the hardtop on, windows up and heater blowin....then back home to do some work on it and I actually made some more progress. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Musicman
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
A fun day was had by all. I hope tomorrow brings more of the same.

Kirk_Fisher
11-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Yes sir, I have already volunteered for the morning run to the coffee shop. It should be about 34, sunny and perfect when I depart. Amazing how long it takes me to make that short trip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

MDCanaday
11-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Yesterday was sweet, put the 6 on the road and put 140 miles on her by the time we got back.Great way to get the errands out of the way!!
MD(mad dog)

gjh2007
11-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Kirk:

Are you temps in C or F? Seem kinda low for S Carolina?

high 50's yesterday here on Coastal MA, but alas my project is still up on jack stands.

Low 40's cloudy & raw today. Even the garage is cold & damp!

Also a past Rangie owner; '88 with a new 4.0 litre, miss the truck, but not the expensive maintenance, my '00 Landcruiser is much more reliable & cushy with more power, but still looks likes all the other jellybean SUV's out there. What year you running?