PDA

View Full Version : A BIG Thanks to Dan Masters!!!

milemarker60
11-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Just wanted to throw out my Kudos to Dan Masters and his product. I purchased one of his Harnesses to install in my TR6/M3 project and just completed its installation. I spent the last two weeks working steady from about 10pm-2am (that's my "me time") and after ringing it out last night, finally put power to it at 3am. I kid you not, every dang circuit, bulb, switch, accessory and engine computer worked straight away requiring no further trouble shooting.

On two different occassions in the process I required some expert assistance and put a call into Dan. He was right there and provided the simple solutions for my issues that worked. His product and support are second to none and I wanted to share my gratitude for having people like him involved in our hobby.

For anybody contemplating this process but a little on the intemidated side, go for it. While I have a basic understanding of auto electrical, I have never taken on a project like this. If you take your time and follow his instuctions word for word, you'll have no problem.

He asked that I let him know when I completed the install and I know he watches this board. So Dan, It's Done!!! Thanks a lot for your help and wonderful product.

Russ Austin
11-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Big ups to Dan, I have used his color wireing diagram for TR3's so many time I can no longer count.

Brosky
11-03-2006, 12:01 PM
I can't wait to see the Crypt Car finally rise from the dead with the Masters harness and Advanced distributor rebuild. Which I'm hoping will be sometime very soon.

Congrats on your installation Dave. We're all waiting to see that bad boy running and for some performance feedback from you.

11-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey Brother Dave,

Wassup? Can you still Smell the Oil around Townsend, Tn?

Cheers!
M

Tinster
11-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey Paul !!

As a matter of fact, I had all the Crypt Car's lights
put thru a test sequence last night. Everything work
but one turn signal bulb. Even blibbed the starter motor.

Congrats to Dave!! Dave, did you cover the wires or
leave them exposed? I like the colors and have mine
bundled and tied neatly, but uncovered.

d

Brosky
11-03-2006, 04:44 PM
For their protection, wrap them up. That's why all OEM harnesses come wrapped.

Tinster
11-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Paul: You ever laid hands on the quality of
Dan/Mike Masters wires??

Those wire will otlive me and the Crypt Car
LOL

milemarker60
11-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Being in the airplane biz, I used "snake skin" to cover them up. Basically I ran everything then pulled it all out, cut and pulled it through the snake skin and reinstalled.

For those not familiar with the product, imagine a roll of "Chinese finger trap" material made from an almost uncutable fine weave Teflon. When compressed, a 1/4" dia piece will expand to 1". Pretty cool stuff as you can use a hook pick to pull any wire you want out the side to run a different direction and as the bundle thins out on the run and it continues to get thinner making for a very nice looking install. When wires are pulled, you just run them through another piece and use cotton splice tape at the joint which only sticks to itself. I also used molex connectors for all the gauge hook-ups for easy dash removal and quite a few "zaps" / solder sleeves for making the dash harness and multi ground runs at the tail lights. Zaps are a heat shrink sleeve that has a ring of solder in the middle and a hermetically sealing compound on the ends. You use an automatic style of wire stripper to spread the cover in the middle of a run then wrap another wire around the split, slide the zap over it and hit it with a heat gun. This melts the seals, shrinks it and solders the joint in one shot. Pretty cool to use in areas requiring "daisy chain" connections like all the instruments in the dash.

I'll take some pics over the weekend and post before putting the dash in.

BTW, did I mention that the lights are BRIGHT!!!

DNK
11-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Another big supporter of Dan's panel here. I am really interested in the wire wrap you use Dave. My engine area is done only the dash, cockpit, and boot is left,which I dear say is 75% and the hardest part. I would love to see this Snake Skin.Where,where,I do ask?

Brosky
11-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Dale, I'm sure that the quality is great, but there is a "acceptable way" and then also a "best way" of doing things. The best way would be to wrap the harness, throughout the entire car, for it's protection.