PDA

View Full Version : Wedge TR7 glove box cable?

AndyTR7
10-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Is there a source to purchase the plastic glovebox cable that is commonly broke or missing in TR7s. One of mines been broke for over 10 years. With all the reproduction parts available, I am surprised that this commonly broke piece is not available. If anyone knows a place to purchase them, please reply. Thanks!

swift6
10-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Actually there are lots of parts for wedges that are not available. This strap being one of them. Brad at Wedgeparts (https://www.wedgeparts.com/index.html) often makes limited runs of out of production parts. There was a rumor that this strap might be on his list. Otherwise... several members of the wedgelist email group have come up with alternatives that last better and look practiaclly identical with the use of some particular electrical connectors and wire.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

AndyTR7
10-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I would sure like to see the alternatives using the electrical connectors. I probably have enough stuff around the house to make it work. Cheers, Andy

swift6
10-29-2006, 12:04 PM
I've only heard them described. Sorry no photos. But they involved ring terminals and braided wire. Some then painted them black, others didn't.

Mickey Richaud
10-29-2006, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually there are lots of parts for wedges that are not available. This strap being one of them. Brad at Wedgeparts (https://www.wedgeparts.com/index.html) often makes limited runs of out of production parts. There was a rumor that this strap might be on his list. Otherwise... several members of the wedgelist email group have come up with alternatives that last better and look practiaclly identical with the use of some particular electrical connectors and wire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, Brad's been talking this up, along with a couple of other projects. If you're not already on the list that Shawn's talking about, join up at tr8-request@mercury.lcs.mit.edu. Lots of good info there.

Mickey