PDA

View Full Version : Who Drove Someone else's Triumph Today?........

YankeeTR
10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
I did!!!!

My bride and I went for a little test drive today in the brisk (41 degree) Wisconsin weather.

Took a spin in a nifty TR-3....this car MAY find it's way into my home shop...I hope!
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/krooser/TR-3/IMAG0224.jpg

10-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Ya gotta do it! If you don't, someone else will. I think it has your name on it.

Bill

Harry_Ward
10-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Nice find! Close the vent and turn on the heat it may be a little warmer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

YankeeTR
10-27-2006, 07:10 PM
An open "scuttle vent" on a 41 degree day builds character!!! hahaha

One thing that's pretty neat are the wheels...TR 250's modified to fit the TR-3 hubcaps...and it has 195 tires which are bigger than I thought would ever fit!

jsneddon
10-27-2006, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice find! Close the vent and turn on the heat it may be a little warmer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well your knees will be warmer at least

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I like the wheels too - different but not gaudy and definately "meaner" looking.

Go for it

Harry_Ward
10-27-2006, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

One thing that's pretty neat are the wheels...TR 250's modified to fit the TR-3 hubcaps...and it has 195 tires which are bigger than I thought would ever fit!

[/ QUOTE ]

The tires and wheels are neat. I would like to know what it's like to operate a right hand drive car in the U.S.A.? Do any improper turns and find yourself in the wrong lane? Now that's cause for excitement!

It's a real nice find hope you get it.

YankeeTR
10-27-2006, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The tires and wheels are neat. I would like to know what it's like to operate a right hand drive car in the U.S.A.? Do any improper turns and find yourself in the wrong lane? Now that's cause for excitement!

It's a real nice find hope you get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, first off, that's the first RHD I drove in years (the last was a Japanese Celica twin-turbo V-8 "grey market" import in the 80's).

I was in the Wisconsin boondocks and that helped...I did hit the right shoulder a few times in my ten mile test drive!

I turned around in a local Mennonite farmers driveway...much to the surprise and delight of a couple of Mennonite girls washing the family buggy next to the barn.

They yelled and waved as I pulled up, backed out and pulled away in 1st...giving it a little more fuel than usual to try to impress 'em (I'll never change!)....

We'll see how I do on the purchase..I've got a imminent career change coming (I hope) and that will be the deciding factor...

gsalt57tr3
10-28-2006, 10:52 AM
First off, I'd buy it.

My Rover is right hand drive as was my Vanguard, you will get tons (tonnes) of looks.

The only weirdness will be u turns, but you get used to them. Gutterballing is a piece of cake.

I would love to see the engine compartment. The Vanguard has the same engine as the TR3 and it made for some close quarters with the intake/exhaust manifolds and the steering column.

I thought about converting my TR to RHD but my mechanic wouldn't go for it.