PDA

View Full Version : Electrical

Triumph_blue
10-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Hey gang,
This morning coming into work in my '73 TR6 I was making a lane change and noticed as I put my blinker on, there was a flicker in my headlights. Then as I hit my brite light lever, the radio went out for a second then came back. I also noticed a slight headlight flicker when the brake pedal was depressed, but not every time. This was the first time anything like that has happened. That's why I'm throwing this out to you. Thanks for any insite.
Frank

10-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Ghosts R coming to Get U!... I would suggest Confirming MAIN Ground Locations: Battery to Body & Engine. Next, How does the Starter sound: weak, normal, or strong?

Cheers!
M

DougF
10-27-2006, 08:13 AM
After cleaning your grounds, coat the connections with dielectric grease, or a similar product, to keep this problem from occurring again.

Andrew Mace
10-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Good advice so far about cleaning up connections, etc. But don't rule out the possibility that your alternator is going/gone; have that and the battery tested ASAP!

Triumph_blue
10-27-2006, 11:13 AM
After some poking around under the bonnet with the ground connections, everything that was acting funny this morning seemed to vanish and return to normal. Thanks to all.

Has anyone upgraded their wiring to the new relay system. I think the web site is "advanceautowire.com"

10-27-2006, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After some poking around under the bonnet with the ground connections, everything that was acting funny this morning seemed to vanish and return to normal. Thanks to all.

Has anyone upgraded their wiring to the new relay system. I think the web site is "advanceautowire.com"

[/ QUOTE ]
I am the One who Makes'em... try https://www.britishmcce.com for sister site that has a little color to it ;-)

Cheers!
M