PDA

View Full Version : Weather related...

swift6
10-26-2006, 04:19 PM
You've probably heard recently about the 'pre-winter' storms hitting Colorado by now. Most of it is south and west of me. Though we got a bit here in Fort Collins today as well.

9:00am this morning... 34 degrees and very wet stuff. Practically slush falling from the sky more than snow.

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/sloseke/PA260005.jpg

11:00am... 48 degrees and still wet.
https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/sloseke/PA260007.jpg

2:00pm... 55 degrees and now snow where the sun hits. Typical for our part of Colorado. That is not an invitation to move here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/sloseke/PA260013.jpg

Weekend forecast looks good though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
What's that white stuff on your windshield. Never seen that before.

Bill

roofman
10-26-2006, 05:07 PM
That white stuff is a four letter word that starts with "S"

Musicman
10-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Shawn,

Same stuff down here in Boulder. I am definitely looking forward to the weekend.

jerrybny
10-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I sure hope thats not a Triumph out playing in the snow. If it is Shame on You. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

R6MGS
10-26-2006, 08:15 PM
So far it's held off here...We've had a few quick storms, but nothing on the ground yet...Chance of some on Sunday thou........Thinking happy thoughts

swift6
10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sure hope thats not a Triumph out playing in the snow. If it is Shame on You. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My TR8 Coupe is my daily driver. Actually, my TR8 has been a daily driver the majority of its life. It also served daily driving duty for the two previous owners. We don't have to worry much about driving in the winter here because we don't really get that much snow and when we do they use sand and a synthetic urea instead of salt or its gone in a few days anyway. Rust is generally not that big of a problem for Colorado cars.

Many places to the south got hammered with 10 inches or more (some nearly two feet) last night and today. But the foothills north of Denver (including Boulder, Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins) barely saw anything. Though Estes Park (about 30 miles west into the mountains) got 17 inches but they are also at 7200 feet.

The TR6 has become the occasional/fun car. Though I used to drive it more than my Bronco (before it got rear ended and totaled) even in the winter.

These cars are meant to be driven. Mine don't hibernate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

swift6
10-26-2006, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's that white stuff on your windshield. Never seen that before.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on up Bill, you'll see plenty on your way to Fort Collins and then the streets will be clear when you get here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kc_doyle
10-26-2006, 09:58 PM
there was s**w on the ground in Wisconsin earlier in the week. Gone now though..

Andrew Mace
10-26-2006, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Jerry, playing with a Triumph in snow can be an absolute ball! Unfortunately, for most of us at least here in the Northeast, playing in snow on roads also means playing in a few zillion metric tons of salt and other melting chemicals...which is why I don't play with my Triumph in the snow up here any more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

AngliaGT
10-26-2006, 10:44 PM
That 3rd picture looks familiar - Deja Vu?
I get the feeling that I've been there before!

- Doug

TR674
10-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Ahhhh, so that's what s**w looks like...........