PDA

View Full Version : Wish me Luck

jerrybny
10-18-2006, 04:15 PM
I am entering my 73 TR6 tomorrow in our local IBM car show. The only trophy is for peoples choice in each catogory. I'm in the import class. I won it last year against a VW GTI, BMW M3 a new porsche and merchedes. I want another trophy. I've won 3rd place in 2 other shows. If I was to pull the engine and tranny I could paint the engine bay. ITs clean enough to eat off of but it definetly needs new paint. Anyways I am just glad I will be able to drive it again with the top down before it goes up on blocks for the winter. Its almost like summer again here in NY. For a few days at least.

LastDeadLast
10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Good luck Jerry.... show'em how it's done DOWNTOWN!!!

10-18-2006, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I was to pull the engine and tranny I could paint the engine bay. ITs clean enough to eat off of but it definetly needs new paint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerry,
If I were up there, we could pull that engine, paint the bay and have her back on the road for when the chickens start crowing!

Seriously, if you have a Honda motorcycle shop anywhere near you, go get a can of Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish. Empty the contents on everything in the engine compartment, including painted surfaces, chrome, rubber, aluminum, engine and polish it off. A great detailing-in-a-can product. I carry one in my boot to all car shows to get the last minute grime and bugs off my paint, wheels and engine before judging.

Ahem, I've won 1st in class three years running in New Orleans plus other area firsts. I can feel it in my bones, this is your time!

Bill

Aldwyn
10-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Raise the Union Jack, and take that trophy home!