PDA

View Full Version : A fine time to have a VOR.....

10-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Was coming home after a jaunt to the city when I overtook an MX-5 Miata on the four-lane. The driver was an old fot like me with a trophy wife (or girl friend, lucky dog) with his hair blowing in the wind and looking all too cool. What a time to have my vehicle VOR (vehicle-off-road, in-the-shop) waiting for an alternator rebuild. I would love to have buzzed him and curdled his paint with my rowdy exhausts.

I hate it when I can't have my car on a perfect fall day.

Just dreaming.

Bill

Mickey Richaud
10-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Ah - in touch with our inner child, are we, Bill? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mickey

Tinster
10-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Hey Bill, Totally agree with you.

Way back when the Crypt Car could limp down the road,
I passed a few local beauties in a top down who just
had to catch up with me and wave and give me a bunch
of thumbs up!!.

I am looking forward to cruising in the Crypt Car
down the beach highway.

d

bunzil
10-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Fall is not a good time to have a case of VOR. Mine is also VOR, up on stands - it started with a leaky pinion seal, then another diff seal, and since the exhaust was off I decided to finally swap out my '76 exhaust header for a ceramic coated '72 I had done a while back, then last years Xmas gift alloy valve cover which mandated, along with the header, ripping all of smog stuff off (finally), then might as well fix the accelerator pedal play, elimination of the ignition vacumm (see earlier today), replacement of a few head studs, etc., etc. The leaves are turning and I saw a bunch of shiney LBCs going the other way today. Hopefully next weekend it will all be done.

Banjo
10-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Careful Bunzil.. that's a bad case of shipfitters disease... before you know it you'll be in the middle of a frame off resto. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

JamesWilson
10-16-2006, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Careful Bunzil.. that's a bad case of shipfitters disease... before you know it you'll be in the middle of a frame off resto. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

The infamous MAW syndrome: I May As Well do it. Its easier now, than later or cheaper or etc.

I've got it, badly....

Adrio
10-16-2006, 11:02 AM
[quoteThe infamous MAW syndrome: I May As Well do it. Its easier now, than later or cheaper or etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
My whole life has been cursed with MAW syndrome. It has taken me 44 years to even start and break the habbit. An other similar syndrome is "don't bother starting that until you can do this other thing because if you do that you MAW do this other thing"

bunzil
10-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Nah, I'm driving it this upcoming weekend. The other neglected stuff can be done with it running. But come on, face it, with the exhaust off the car - wasn't that the best time to finally swap out the old header? Ah, I'm preaching to the choir here....

cyaker
10-16-2006, 07:39 PM
I confess, knowing mine TR6 is at least a year away from hitting the street I got a Miata so these days would not be totally lost. I wasn't going too, but my wife got the itch to free wheel down the road as well. We spilt days with the Miata and she take it full time when the TR6 rolls back out.