PDA

View Full Version : Overdrive Accumulator O-ring

DougF
10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
My overdrive has started to drain oil rather profusely at the accumulator. Since I sell o rings, I figured I could buy them cheaper through my company than from a supplier.
Does anybody know the ID and thickness of these two pieces.
I will get the nitrile over the viton.
Thanks

SpannerMan
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Are you talking about the gasket around the big overdrive drain plug on the A-type? That is a paper type gasket. Well more like card - it has some thickness, not what I would think of as an O-ring.

Pete

Harry_Ward
10-10-2006, 08:24 PM
TR3 or TR6 - OD - A type or J?

Thought this info to be important but don't have a clue on diameter of either model o-rings but maybe can find out.

DougF
10-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Sorry, this is an A type out of a 4. I just wanted to have them on hand before I start the project.

Adrio
10-11-2006, 09:19 AM
I just bought two of them for my cars. Un fortunatly I am not at home this week or I would measure then for you as they are not on the cars yet. Now from what I remember of then, they are cork. I see spannerman says paper, so here you have it, two versions of memory on these things, but both seem to point to a non 'O' ring type seal there.

DougF
10-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Spannerman is referring to the gasket at the solenoid mounting bracket. I'm looking for the o-ring that seals both sides the shaft at the housing.

Harry_Ward
10-11-2006, 06:42 PM
DougF,

The 2 - O-rings you are refering to on each side of the operating shaft are 60 cents each through Moss. Of course the shipping will be more than the part probably. If you have access to an assortment of o-rings I would probably try measuring the shaft for the inside diameter and see what o-ring falls on the outside diameter the best. If I'm remembering this correctly the o-rings are more or less held in place on the shaft against the housing by pushing the actuating lever collar and operating lever toward the housing to create the seal.

Dave Russell
10-11-2006, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for the o-ring that seals both sides the shaft at the housing.

[/ QUOTE ]

0.300 ID X . 0.500 OD X 0.100 cross section. You confused things a bit when you said "accumulator O-ring", which is a completely different part.
D

DougF
10-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Sorry for the confusion. Thank you for the information.