PDA

View Full Version : Great New England weather

PeterK
10-09-2006, 08:40 AM
It was a great weekend for the Foreign Auto Festival and Antique Air Show at Owl's Head Transportation Museum here in Maine.

Top down, polar fleece zipped tight, heater on full, heated seats on high, and gloves, we cruised in the shilly morning for a hour to the coast to the show. The weather warmed up as the day went on and we had a great time seeing all the cars, showing our TR3A (below) and listening to the 3-piece Bavarian omh-pah band as the Red Baron 3-wing and many bi-plane and other antique planes filled to air.

Too nice a day not to share it! Those new side curtains took me all week to fit but were worth the effort. This is my proud wife's car and I can't wait to get my 4A completed. On the way home we followed an MGB and had a nice Healy 3000 behind us for most of the trip. The 5-speed let us cruise 60 mph at 2250rpm!

https://mysite.verizon.net/kentech0822/triumph/dscn0808.jpg
https://mysite.verizon.net/kentech0822/triumph/ohtm0809.jpg

Mickey Richaud
10-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Nice, Peter. I like the license plate number! Will the 4 be TR AAAA?

Mickey

PeterK
10-09-2006, 08:54 AM
>Nice, Peter. I like the license plate number! Will the 4 be TR AAAA?

Thanks, Mickey. I've put a lot of work getting the 3A looking good. And yup, the plan is for TR AAAA for the 4A. You'd be surprised about how many people can't figure out the plate meaning?!

Mickey Richaud
10-09-2006, 08:58 AM
The wife's MGB is a '73, painted the one-year offering called "Black Tulip" - License plate is BLK 2LP!

Mickey

CaptRoy
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Looks great Peter!!...I pulled my motor a few weeks ago and sent it to TED at TSI and am also putting the 5 speed in. Thanks for your information for the parts. I received the angle adapter for the speed cable and the AN connector last week. I continue to clean the engine compartment and hope to paint it next weekend and start putting things back together...

What is the width of your wheels???

Thanks

PeterK
10-09-2006, 01:10 PM
They're KN Minator 15x5.5, 4" backspace with 205/60x15 Yokohama AVS tires. They run very close to the rear leaf springs so added a 1/8" spacer in the rear. Front clearance is good without spacers.

Brosky
10-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Peter, yestedrday was great, but Saturday was just raw, cold and miserable anywhere near the coast in NE.