PDA

View Full Version : Post-War Other '48 Triumph Roadster 1800

DanF
10-08-2006, 07:24 AM
I am a new member and have a '48 triumph roadster 1800. I was searching for previous posts on subjects related to this car. Haven't had any luck. Also interested in corresponding with members with other 1800's.
Thanks,
Dan

DougF
10-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Dan,
Welcome aboard. Where in PA do you live? We have 1 or 2 Roadsters in our club. Probably closer to 1.

Geo Hahn
10-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Welcome. Yes, sometimes you might think Triumph production began with the TR2 and ended with the TR8... okay, I guess it did end with the TR8 but there was so much before and elsewhere in the story that doesn't get much attention in the U.S.

There is another 2000 Roadster owner very active on this forum (Wayne) -- hopefully he will find you soon.

They are delightful cars to behold... we have one in our local club. It was the object of a tech session (steering box rebuild) a month ago. A challenging project since parts are not as readily obtainable as for the TRs.

There is a fellow on the left coast (Encino) who often shows up at Triumph events with several of these. Always draws an admiring crowd.

Brosky
10-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the forum. I grew up in western PA. Glad to have you aboard. I can't help you with your current question but would love to see your car.

Alan_Myers
10-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Welcome!

Roadsters are great cars... glad to have as many as possible on board here. There are a couple here in N. Calif. that participate in shows regularly. I always enjoy seeing them. Wish I had one!

Sigh. Too many cars. Not enough garages or shadetree mechanics.

Bugeye58
10-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Here's one that showed up at our "Brits on the Hill" day last month at Waterford Hills. I hadn't seen it before then.
Jeff

DanF
10-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Guys:
Thanks for the warm welcome. Me and the car located outside of Philadelphia. Have pics before teardown and would gladly post as soon as I figure out how.
Thanks,
Dan

jerrybny
10-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the forum Dan.

Brosky
10-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Those cars are just pure class!

trrdster2000
10-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome Dan, hope your car is in fair shape and you can just refurbish it. Some things you will need for sure is a hand full of Whitworth wrenches and a Whitworth tape and die set will save you a lot of headacks. You can go to my Webshots in my signature and get and idea of what's involved. If I can help with info I will try to help as much as possible. Mine is a 2000 so a slight difference. Wayne

Don Elliott
10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Dan - There is a member of TRA (Triumph Register of America) who owns a concours winning Roadster. He is Marty Jones and he lives in Sykesville, Maryland. He is very helpful about all things related to Triumphs.

Don Elliott